Solution Sales Manager
The Solution Sales Manager will function primarily as the technical application and solutions support resource for the field sales force. The candidate will be involved and responsible for the identification of technical issues and potential for improvements of customers’ existing facility or new project endeavours, and thus the development and evaluation of reliable and relevant technical solutions and proposal in response to project bids to meet customers’ requirements and address to technical issues effectively and satisfactorily. This role requires the candidate to work closely across various internal functional groups such as Sales (throughout entire process), project delivery, and service teams.
The Solution Sales Manager will function secondarily as Sales Manager for turnkey projects, handing a few targeted mega accounts or projects which require design and build services. The candidate will also take care of new product introduction and do product marketing or presentation to the Consultant/customer. The candidate has to be both commercially and technically capable to follow through effective bid proposals and conducting of technical knowledge exchange presentations.
- Provide turnkey design solution and its costing, with full products specifications and tender document to consultants, integrators, and customers during tender stage.
- Manage and coordinate with key vendors and partners to gain their competitive support in all projects.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs including conducting of cost and solution analysis to ensure competitiveness of bid response.
- Participate and conduct solution proposal presentation to customer and / or in response to bid interview or clarification.
- Maintain accurate records of bid documentations in company databases, brief and handover to project or operations team upon project awarded.
- Travel to project sites survey, witness start-up, integration, and training session when necessary
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users in the form of presentation or bid proposal.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application, conduct technical product training or workshop with consultants and customers.
- Identify new projects and propose design or product spec to customer's needs.
- Develop and maintain close relationship with customers, consultants, vendors and partners.
- Key account strategy planning and business development to meet annual target.
- Bi-weekly update of Sales CRM, sales gap and forecast report.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience of doing MEP or turnkey Solution in Data Centre environment / Engineering & Building Services Industry.
- Self-driven with initiative
- Proven and strong interpersonal skills to communicate well with customers, colleagues and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio and Auto-Cad
- Read architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical system.
- Understanding of enterprise infrastructure control systems and network communications technology – Internet, Intranet, VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc. will be a plus.
Seed System Pte Ltd