Solution Architect (w/ Insurance background) | Contract
Manpower Singapore| Date Posted: 27-Feb-2021
EA Licence No: 02C3423
Technology Solution Architect is responsible for working with the Portfolio and Platform Architects, Technical Lead & Engineers to define the detailed solution design (incl. Story Decomposition) for stories in the backlog.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Ensure the design and solution is aligned with architecture standards and business strategy, and meet business objectives countable for ensuring the products & services are supported by the right architectures and solutions meet the customer needs
- Accountable for ensuring the design of the product solutions are cost effective and maintained through the agile development lifecycle, managing the flow of the backlog of design activities
- Work with Ops Engineers to ensure operational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defect related issues, etc) are resolved and that any design related issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Convert requirements into actionable product/service requirements that feed Technology solutions development & influence service direction
- Responsible for ensuring solutions are aligned with the platform architecture and roadmap, group standards and policies and the overall enterprise architecture for their function.
- Facilitate Agile, DevOps process improvement, challenging existing practices and driving ideas and solutions that promote better ways of working.
- Help to shape a lean governance and processes to align architecture and facilitate related meetings.
- Work with a wide range of internal and external colleagues, to support RFI's, RFP's and POC's at pace to support business requirements.
- Be able to impart technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any related qualifications
- Proven software design and architectural capabilities, i.e., 7+ years hands-on experience in solution and application architecture in the Insurance Industry
- Substantial experience of working in Solution architecture especially in Insurance industry integrating Front End systems to Policy Admin back end systems.
- Architecture certification is highly desirable
- Familiar with frequent/incremental code testing and deployment
- Ensures data security and compliance.
- Proven experience delivering complex solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web applications
- Knowledge of architectural styles, design patterns and API design
- Experience with decision-driven-design (DDD), familiar with insurance industry business model and application architecture model
- In-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures, and RESTFUL services
- Experience in leading software development teams in an agile environment
- Good experience in Java development and solid knowledge of mainstream J2EE frameworks like spring boot, spring cloud, Mybatis
- Good Experience with CI / CD pipeline, test-drive-development (TDD), automated testing and Linux, build systems, source code control tools such as Git, and build tools like Jenkins.
- Solid understanding of SDLC, Common development practices, Agile, and Lean principles.
- Experience with container-based technologies, like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with high-traffic micro services architectures and best practices around designing, scaling, and monitoring concurrent systems (using different technologies and preferably event driven architectures and RESTful APIs)
Mary Grace Perez Marcojos EA License No. 02C3423 Personnel Registration No. R1110449