We are looking for self-motivated and self-starting staff system engineer or system manager to design, implement, integrate, test and maintain innovative system solutions that meet or exceed customer's application requirements. Lead or colloborate with another system team in defining high-end video processor architecture for surveillance and automotive applications including key features of ISP, video codecs, and machine learning.
You must be capable of identifying performance bottlenecks and optimizing HW/SW implementations and partitioning.
You will work closely with IC design team, SW design team, and algorithm design team to ensure an optimal system definition and a smooth integration.
You will work closely with the project team to define and manage deliverables and their milestones.
You are required to have good appreciation of various design patterns, their trade-off, and implementation intricacy.
You are required to be able to view the system design in both top-down and bottom-up manners, and design suitable architecture for the concerned system/sub-system.
You are required to mentor the junior team members, lead in design specification reviews, and drive design best practices.
You are expected to write good technical documentation.
To excel, you will need to have keen eyes for debugging and trouble-shooting not just the DUT but possibly the system/sub-system concerned.
For senior manager level, you are expected to
1. Be strong in architecting in a solution level and play a pivotal role in defining and qualifying the key deliverables from various domains of design owners including HW, SW, and algorithm that meet the target solution required by customers in user level.
2. Be able to formalize system design methodology, verification methodology, and QA methodology for the system team to follow in order to achieve a deterministic quality and schedule.
1. Responsible for multi levels of software, from bootloader, kernel, device drivers, to middleware and application deliverables.
2. Responsible for verification, validation and performance testing and benchmarking of deliverables.
3. Manage SDK deliverable for internal and external customer projects.
4. Assist project manager to drive efficient development process and meet target deliveries on-time.
5. Generate requirements and specification.
6. Mentor and coach junior members.
7. Actively drive best practices in SDLC.
Candidate qualifications include:
* MSEE/CE with 12+ years of relevant industrial experience, with at least 3+ years running a team of SW engineers.
* Excellent knowledge of Linux kernel, driver development, and common userspace frameworks and middleware.
* Excellent debugging skills; ability to trace difficult problems.
* Excellent understanding of AMP/SMP architecture, cache coherency at system level, and heterogenous SoC.
* Experience with at least one RTOS (FreeRTOS/Zephyr/etc)
* Experience in ultra-low power architecture design
* Familiarity with ARM TrustZone is a plus
* Familiarity with automotive system is a plus
* Familiarity with deploying CNN applications is a plus
OmniVision Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd