Software Engineering Practise Lead
The ideal candidate will have significant hands-on technical experience in Agile software engineering principles and a background in full stack software development, system architecture with APIs and microservices, containerisation and cloud-based technologies, and DevOps toolchains. Experience in managing development teams responsible for designing, developing and testing software assets in an Agile development environment is also preferred.
- Be a change agent in fostering a software engineering culture based on a strong foundation of software engineering principles and best practices
- Drive organisation-wide practice of continuous integration and continuous delivery of high quality software assets
- Create a continuous learning environment to ensure that engineers in the organisation are trained in the software engineering processes and the technology stack defined in the organisation playbook
- Be part of the technical leadership team in technical visioning and technology stack selection to meet the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology
- Minimum 12 years of application development and technical project management experience, with minimum 3 years of team management experience of teams of 10 or more
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a team lead in Agile software design, development, and testing processes
- System architecture design experience using microservices and REST-based APIs, Java technologies, containerisation technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, cloud-based platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Platform, and public cloud services from AWS, Azure and Google
- Hands-on experience in API management platforms, API design standards, API patterns, API governance, API security standards and implementation
- Working experience with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence or similar
- Thorough knowledge of build and deployment toolchain such as Bamboo, Ansible, Nexus, Github, and automated code quality inspection tools such as SonarQube and Fortify
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent Agile project management experience
- Broad knowledge of digital infocomm technologies, trends and methods such as data engineering, cloud-native system architectures, artificial intelligence, and Internet-of-Things
- Excellent communication skills
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Info-communications Media Development Authority