vCargo Cloud (VCC) is a leading Infocomm Technology (ICT) solution and service provider in Asia, specialising in offering trade and logistics related solutions to governments and enterprises worldwide. Founded in 2013, VCC is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Singapore, with offices strategically located in China, Indonesia and Kenya.
Led by a team of dedicated IT and logistics experts, VCC revolutionises the trade and logistics industry through designing and providing a platform - CamelONE™, consisting of a suite of interconnected modules to simplify the complexity of international trade compliance and documentation, to allow stakeholders to connect and exchange digitalized information seamlessly, and to provide marketplaces for sellers and buyers to transact effectively and efficiently; simplifying global trade.
In VCC, we believe in constantly challenging how things are done, to create opportunities for new possibilities. We are bold in our innovation, giving us the competitive advantage over our competitors, keeping us ahead of the game.
To find out more about VCC’s solutions and service offerings, visit www.vcargocloud.com.
Summary of Position
As a Java/J2EE professional, you will be part of our technical team to develop and maintain business solutions for supply chain and trade facilitation. You will participate in the full software development life cycle from requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and post-implementation support. You will also be a member in the team to drive innovation and embracing on new technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions for our clients.
- Be in charge of the development and documentation of requirements specifications and functional specifications.
- Develop, document and version-control codes.
- Participate, assist and support in development and execution of QA test plans for SITs and UATs.
- Provide support for production systems and participate in maintenance tasks, including change requests and upgrades.
- Engage in all aspects of the software development cycle, including the coding and testing, conducting of system installation, user training and testing, documentation, post implementation support, and debugging and bug fixing of the Company’s business offerings, solutions and services.
- Diploma/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 year(s) of relevant experience
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership of work.
- Must be able to work closely within the team and at the same time be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have a meticulous sense for details and a keen interest in quality work.
- Ability to work and contribute within a team.
- Knowledge of Java, JSP, Spring framework and Hibernate will be preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Unix environment.
- Prior knowledge and exposure to logistic/supply chain software solutions will be a plus.