SO, Compliance Officer, Transaction Surveillance and Intelligence Unit, Group Compliance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Compliance function is a strategic partner and a trusted business enabler to the Board and senior management. It is our responsibility to ensure that the Group continuously fulfils its regulatory obligations in today’s tight and dynamic regulatory landscape. To do that, we work closely with internal stakeholders to identify and to assess regulatory risks. This collaboration also includes developing practical solutions that integrate regulations into operational requirements as well as actively shaping and promoting stronger compliance culture and literacy in the Bank.Job Responsibilities
- To ensure timely review of alerts from Group approved AML transaction monitoring system(s), escalations on suspicious AML/CFT activities from business/support units and cases arising from other relevant sources (e.g adverse news in media).
- To ensure timely submission of suspicious activity/transactions reports to the relevant law enforcement authorities or Financial Intelligence Units as required by the AML/CFT legislative and regulatory requirements.
- To support the Team Lead of Transaction Surveillance and Intelligence Unit in continuously strengthening and developing the transaction surveillance and intelligence framework within the UOB Group.
- To provide relevant and emerging AML/CFT risk issues from analysis of suspicious activity/transactions reports submitted.Job Requirements
- Ensure reviews into the alerts triggered by Group approved AML transaction monitoring system(s), escalations on suspicious AML/CFT activities from business/support units and cases arising from other relevant sources (e.g adverse news in media) are in accordance to Group standards.
- Prepare and submit suspicious activity/transactions reports to the relevant local law enforcement authorities or Financial Intelligence Units in accordance to AML/CFT legislative and regulatory requirements and Group standards.
- Provide relevant advisories to business/support units and other AML/CFT teams on matters arising from reviews and investigations conducted by the unit.
- Perform analysis of suspicious activity/transaction reports to identify AML/CFT risk trends to support appropriate actions to strengthen AML/CFT controls in the Group.
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping of reviews and investigation cases in accordance to Group standards.
- Provide inputs and support to strengthen the transaction surveillance and intelligence operating framework and procedures across the Group.Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)