Ship Management Officer
Our client is a well known ship owner company. They have an immediate requirement for a SHIP MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Accurate input of vessel and office requisitions to the Company system, clarify any additional information as required in a timely and reliable manner for all company’s vessels .
2. Select supplier form the approved supplier lists, issue enquiries and orders, using group contracts where applicable. Pay special attention to fast-track items.
3. Liaise closely with ship managers on purchasing, repairs / services and budget matters under supervision of TM.
4. Coordinate delivery of ship spares, stores and arrange repairs / service son authorization from TM and provide prompt advice if any problems. Provide the vessel and the vessel’s agents factual information regarding the spares, stores or service attendance arranged for the vessel at port.
5. Follow progress of the delivery of orders / service request onboard; resolve any discrepancies, as advised by the vessel or Superintendent with suppliers.
6. Receive invoices, review for accuracy and manage within the scope of the procedures and pass to the accounts department for payment. Any discrepancies to be brought to the notice of the Tech. Manager.
7. To receive all the reports form the ship, distribute and file electronically in a timely manner. To maintain a record of all required reports weekly / monthly / quarterly basis received for all company’s vessels.
8. To maintain an accurate and updated record of vessel’s certificates, survey status and documentation. Assist Superintendents to take necessary action to obtain renewals / extensions. To send monthly Class listing to all the assigned vessels.
9. Ensure that the vessel operating accounts are updated, review open purchase orders monthly wise. Follow up with suppliers and the vessel to close the purchase orders. Carry out budget control.
10. To arrange / forward fresh stationery and mail as required to the ships by courier service.
11. Any other jobs as assigned by the Technical Manager.
In brief, the right candidate should have ship management experience communicating with the Master, the ship Managers, monitoring the performance of the vessel. with lot of focus on regular and proper communication and documentation.
Interested candidates with minimum 2-3 years experience may send your resume in MSWord format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Salary commensurates with qualification and experience.
Job posted by
Bhanu Rajan Saitech International EA Regn R1106079
Saitech International Pte.