We are looking for skilled individuals to serve as Service Technicians. Service Technicians form an important part of the organization, ensuring that our products are well maintained in our customers' premises and continue to serve them well. They form the frontline of the company, being in frequent contact with our clients and their maintenance teams.
The position of Service Technician/Engineer is a hands-on role and candidates with strong electrical background would be favorably considered. Potential applicants are advised to be aware of the responsibilities required of them (described below) as a technical interview will be scheduled for those who are successful.
- Willing and able to work in warm, humid environments.
- Willing to work 5.5 work days a week, with rotating standby duties.
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective works for a variety of machinery including washer extractors, tumble dryers, dry-cleaning machines and various other automated systems (e.g. feeding, folding, conveyors).
- Perform new installations of the above equipment.
- Interpret wiring diagrams and machine schematics to understand and resolve problems.
- Ad-hoc and other works as assigned by superiors.
Preferred Qualifications or Equivalent
- NITEC in Mechatronics / Electrical Technology.
- HIGHER NITEC in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering.
- Diploma in Electrical-related disciplines.
- Experience in high level programming is a bonus.
- Experience in PLC / HMI systems is a bonus.
- Entry-level applicants are welcomed to apply as Assistant Technicians - they will be attached to experienced technicians who will oversee their on-the-job training. Formal training will also be provided.
Applicants who are successful in their application and proceed to demonstrate skill and dedication will be eligible for senior positions and management roles. Remuneration and benefits commensurate accordingly. In addition, seasoned technicians who possess suitable skill sets may also apply to be considered for project and coordinator roles.
We only process direct applications from candidates. No recruitment or employment agencies. Applications will be processed every first week of the month and successful applicants will be informed by no later than the third week.
Leong Yew Machinery Pte Ltd