Service Desk Specialist
A Service Desk Specialist (SDS) is responsible for maintaining customers' relationships with the company, providing fast and useful answers to customers' questions and other needs related to technical support. You are responsible for a variety of duties in the company which are described in the job duties. Your main objective is to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and provide them with any necessary support and assistance. You will have to answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
Service Desk Specialist needs to be capable of using particular software programs, as well as possess the ability to type and communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers. They take detailed notes of the problem the user is experiencing, determine steps they can take to resolve the issue, and manage the flow of incoming support requests. This involves asking questions to determine the full scope of the user’s issue. They also work closely with other IT department personnel to provide assistance on tasks that are outside the scope of their knowledge or expertise.
The goal is to create value for our clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business. A polite and professional phone manner is necessary, as Service Desk Specialist troubleshoot customers' problems and, at times, deal with angry and upset customers. A Service Desk Specialist must be able to sit for long periods of time and answer multiline phones. It is important for Service Desk Specialist to maintain a positive demeanour, and the Service Desk Specialist must arrive to work on time, as it is necessary that our NOC is fully staffed.
A Service Desk Specialist needs to possess the following skills :
- Proven experience as a service desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of IT products
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
Your job duties will include but not limited to:
- serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- serve as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) between the customer, internal support team and external Vendors until the ticket is closed.
- provide continuous status information to ensure customer satisfaction.
- provide co-ordination with various Manufacturers and vendors for support, troubleshooting or warranty claim.
- logging of all tickets into System for tracking and reporting. Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- initiate customer contact, escalate to appropriate parties and resolve incidents.
- answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems.
- perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- scheduling and arranging onsite support requests with the customers
- pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- overall accountable in ensuring the team solves and close the tickets using the most effective methods to maximise operational efficiencies
- assess the severity and priority level of the problem calls, requests or IMAC and escalate to the next support level based on the SLA.
- monitoring uptime performance and alerts for all Managed Service Customers infrastructure from the NOC
- maintain and replenish stock inventory for spare parts
- provide Service Quotation for any repair work to the customer
- perform new laptops setup and installation for internal new staff
- perform any Shift Duties that are assigned
- any other tasks assigned by any Managers and Directors
- At least a Diploma in Computer Studies/Information System/Information Technologies or its equivalent.
- Min. 1-2 years of relevant experience in helpdesk position with trouble-shooting skills.
- Must be a team player, a fast learner and able to communicate with all levels.
- Technical knowledge in Windows OS, MS Office Suite, and other common desktop applications.
- Experience in SLA (Service Level Agreement) and SOP (Standard Operation Procedure) an added advantage.
- Experience in using Helpdesk CRM or Ticketing software an added advantage.
- Experience in using Remote Access Tools, VPN, etc.
- Must reside/be based in Singapore.
Genesis Networks Pte Ltd