Senior VP, Transformation Office Lead, Group Technology and Operations
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
Program Leadership (60%)
- Overall Lead for delivery of the GTO Initiatives for the transformation program, including maintaining oversight of all work-streams and maintain direction and appropriate pace;
- Lead the GTO teams to develop, execute and embed a plan for GTO to deliver to the objectives of the transformational program;
- Manage conflicting priorities and inter-dependencies of the program and other organisational priorities and advising on the course of action as appropriate;
- Manage organisational risks in respect of the transformation program
- Enable and facilitate the detailed design of change initiatives in line with organisational design principles;
- Lead and facilitate the design and implementation of key, high profile work-streams;
- Ensure transfer of knowledge and ownership from the program to the rest of the GTO organisation;
- Ensure external perspective in change management and business design is considered and, where appropriate, adopted
Strategic Planning and Alignment (20%)
- Identify strategic GTO initiatives aimed at driving consistency, efficiency and alignment across the Technology teams within GTO;
- Define implementation roadmap for strategic technology initiatives with identification of near term and long term goals/ benefits.
- Review and identify continuous improvement opportunities within GTO harnessing best practices, industry leading framework as well as leading innovative tools and technologies in making GTO a highly effective and quality-driven delivery team within UOB.
Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Build relationship and networks with senior stakeholders across the GTO organisation, providing support and challenge to business segment, facilitating sessions where appropriate;
- Partner with key teams across the organisation to identify key transformation levers and deliver the change (eg. Group Finance, Group Strategy, countries, etc)
- Ensure engagement with senior leads is maintained for the duration of the program and deals professionally and diplomatically with any issues, concerns and sensitivities;
- Proactively seek opportunities for establishing, building and maintaining successful relationships with partners, stakeholders and agencies in order to identify opportunities to deliver efficiencies and innovation to the organisation
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in IT, computer engineering or related field
- At least 18 years work experience in large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance Technology with at least 5 to 8 years in a leadership/ management role.
- A record of achievement in developing and delivering Technology transformation objectives and plans to high level of performance, within a tight budgetary framework.
- Detailed understanding of the banking sector and products, wider government priorities/ legislation in the region and the changing social and economic context of the financial industry
- A proven, successful track record of managing IT strategic planning and delivery, organisational change management, redesign or transformation
- Demonstrated success in developing highly effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver collaboration, partnerships and services.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)