Senior VP, Transformation Office Lead, Group Technology and Operations
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
GTO COO - Special Initiatives unit works closely with the respective stakeholders across the organisation to drive organisational change critical to the successful delivery of the Bank’s transformation strategy.
As part of the GTO COO Office, the candidate will be responsible for the inception and delivery of enterprise-wide GTO initiatives to drive scale and efficiency across GTO. As a leader of change, the candidate is expected to work closely with Technology stakeholders in the delivery of such initiatives. These includes the establishment of governance frameworks, operating models and KPI measures/metrics to ensure the delivery success.
Reporting to the ED, GTO COO – Special Initiatives, the Transformation Lead will also ensure the delivery of the key strategic transformation priorities for GTO in line with the Bank’s transformation agenda.Job Responsibilities
Program Leadership (60%)
- Overall Lead for delivery of the GTO Initiatives for Tech transformation program, including maintaining oversight of all work-streams and maintain direction and appropriate pace;
- Lead the GTO teams to develop and execute a plan for GTO to deliver to the objectives of the transformation program;
- Enable and facilitate the detailed design of change initiatives in line with organisational design principles;
- Lead and facilitate the design and implementation of approved work-streams;
- Ensure transfer of knowledge and ownership from the program to the rest of the GTO organisation;
- Ensure external perspective in change management and business design is considered and, where appropriate, adopted
- Manage conflicting priorities and inter-dependencies of the program and other organisational priorities and advising on the course of action as appropriate;
- Manage organisational risks in respect of the transformation program
Strategic Planning and Alignment (20%)
- Identify strategic enterprise-wide GTO initiatives aimed at driving consistency, efficiency and alignment across the Technology teams within GTO;
- Define implementation roadmap for strategic technology initiatives with identification of near term and long term goals/ benefits.
- Review and identify continuous improvement opportunities within GTO harnessing best practices, industry leading framework as well as leading innovative tools and technologies in making GTO a highly effective and quality-driven delivery team within UOB.
Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Build relationship and networks with senior stakeholders across the GTO organisation, providing support and challenge to business segment, facilitating sessions where appropriate;
- Partner with key teams across the organisation to identify key transformation levers and deliver the change (eg. Group Finance, Group Strategy and Transformation, countries, etc)
- Ensure engagement with senior leads is maintained for the duration of the program and deals professionally and diplomatically with any issues, concerns and sensitivities;
- Proactively seek opportunities for establishing, building and maintaining successful relationships with partners, stakeholders and agencies in order to identify opportunities to deliver efficiencies and innovation to the organisation
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in IT, computer engineering or related field
- At least 15 years work experience in large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance Technology with at least 5 years in a leadership/ management role.
- Those with management consulting experience in the area of technology strategy and transformation for large scale banking and finance organisation will be preferred.
- A proven, successful track record of managing IT strategic planning and delivery, organisational change management, redesign or transformation
- Determined, resourceful and adaptable individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Good understanding of the banking sector and products, wider government priorities/ legislation in the region and the changing social and economic context of the financial industry
- Demonstrated success in developing highly effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver collaboration, partnerships and services.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)