Senior VP, Test Engineering Lead, Testing Center of Excellence
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Develop and deliver the test engineering strategy across bank in-line with leading practices covering automation, performance testing etc.
- Drive the development of test automation framework for functional and non-functional testing, in collaboration with the testing service providers and also responsible for its on-going maintenance.
- Engaging with UOB stakeholders to deliver test engineering support for various delivery methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and DevOps initiatives.
- Identify, implement optimizations, and manage the test environments with the Test Program Managers across UOB in collaboration with the test service providers.
- Quantify, manage, track and report test automation coverage, and SLAs/KPIs, and ensure SLAs/KPIs are met.
- Responsible for evaluating, procuring, implementing, and maintaining testing tool suite across GTO.
- Ensuring knowledge management is effectively institutionalised including maintaining and moderating the content of knowledge management tools.
- Plan, review and approve with the Test Program Managers the resource ramp up/ramp down plans with test service provider to deliver test automation services.
- Manage and increase coverage of automation by providing demos, walkthroughs and trainings to achieve target transformation benefits.
- Design and operationalize test data management plans, in collaboration with test service providers, to enable all business models across various portfolios to be tested in an automated fashion.
- Act as the point of escalation for Vendor for issues related to test environment provisioning, test data set up, infrastructure etc.
- Provide inputs to on-going vendor management for test automation services.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in computer engineering or related field.
- Proven working experience in Test lead, governance lead or equivalent role with at least 12 to 15 years relevant experience in large and complex organisations preferably in the area of Banking and Finance and at least 5 years’ test automation system architecture design and implementation.
- Proven experience with design & implementation of testing standards, tools, automation framework, processes & methodologies, supporting the various delivery methodologies e.g. Agile, Hybrid Agile and Waterfall, DevOps.
- A proven, successful track record of managing shared IT service development and/ or IT Testing Services.
- Proven experience in test environment management
- Demonstrated success in developing highly effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver collaboration, partnerships and services.
- Good understanding of market leading automation tools e.g. TOSCA, HP QTP/UTF etc, and proven experience of designing automation framework.
- Experience in managing multi-cultural, diverse and remote virtual teams.
- Strong attention to details, excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in managing both internal QA team and external vendors.
- Excellent client facing, internal communications, written and verbal communication skills.
- Testing or quality certifications, PMP certifications, and Test Maturity Model integration (TMMi) Framework awareness will be preferred.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)