Senior VP, Technical Delivery Manager, Payments Transformation, Transaction Banking Technology, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
As part of a major investment programme in the TB technology platforms over the next few years, a significant transformation of the payments processing platforms is planned.
Reporting to the head of TB technology, this role is to define and drive the technical implementation of the payments transformation programme, including:
- Plan technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet project’s requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
- Plan & manage the technical implementation plan across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution, and ensure non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support
- Anticipate and resolve any issues or risks either independently or together with the relevant stakeholders and propose alternative solutions where necessary and feasible
- Collaborate with capability and enterprise architects to leverage enterprise standards, and drive the group’s application delivery capability toward a more streamlined set of processes
- Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), performance / load testing and application security testing with quality results
- Manage business stakeholders expectations and obtain buy-in for process / tooling changes that are feasible within the technology and timeline constraints
- Lead and contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance, including further adoption and improvements to the Bank’s System Development Methodology (SDM).
- Prior IT experience implementing large scale, highly available applications or other large program implementation. Experience with implementing and integrating 3rd party solutions is a must
- Experience in actual systems development work, with prior coding, functional specifications and technical specifications and systems development and testing experience (in aggregate no less than 8 years)
- Good understanding and experience in various software development cycle methodologies, including migrating from waterfall to agile methodologies.
- Experience of banking projects implementation particularly in area of Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payments.
- 8 to 10 or more years experience in business process and/or technology implementation
- 5 or more years experience managing third party vendor relationships and offshore development teams to achieve business outcomes
- 5 or more years experience at a manager level or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company with annual budgetary responsibilities
- 5 or more years experience at a manager level in a multi-channel brand business environment
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Highly effective communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Good problem solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)