Senior VP, Technical Delivery & Development Head, Transaction Banking Technology, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
As part of a major investment programme in the TB technology platforms over the next few years, a significant transformation of the payments processing platforms is planned.
Reporting to the head of TB technology, this role is responsible for all day-2-day application development and integration activities related to implement a new payment processing platform, including:
- All application software development and support activities from pre-project initiation, functional specifications to development, implementation, testing and post go-live support
- Building out and leading a team of developers to implement and integrate a solution that meet business requirements and are in alignment with organization's business objectives. This includes
- Defining and managing technical solution from design through to code level, in close collaboration with the enterprise architecture and software engineering functions
- Managing 3rd party product vendors and integration partners with vendor to ensure application deliveries are timely and good quality.
- Manage budget coming from different projects.
- Hands on manager to guide team on functional and technical issues
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide consultation on solution and technology.
- Lead and contribute to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to methods, tools, people, architecture, project management and governance, including further adoption and improvements to the Bank’s System Development Methodology (SDM).
- At least 12 years of experience in application development and maintenance with full software development life cycle experience, including hands-on experience in actual systems development work, with prior coding, functional specifications and technical specifications and systems development and testing experience
- Strong IT delivery experience in implementing experience implementing large scale, highly available applications, including APAC payment processing solutions. Experience with implementing and integrating 3rd party solutions is a must
- Significant domain knowledge in Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payments.
- Good understanding and experience in various software development cycle methodologies, including migrating from waterfall to agile methodologies. Hands-on experience in implementing DevOps is preferred
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems. Hands-on experience with some of the following technologies: Java, Oracle, Weblogic/Jboss, Unix operating systems, AS400 (RPG/COBOL), MQ/ConnectDirect messaging
- 5 or more years experience managing third party vendor relationships and offshore development teams to achieve business outcomes
- 5 or more years experience at a manager level or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company with annual budgetary responsibilities
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Highly effective communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Good problem solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills
- Degree in computer science, engineering or similar domain
- Additional professional/technical qualifications will be advantageous although not mandatory
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)