Senior VP, Security Transformation, Information Security
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
This role is a senior member of the governance function of the CISO Office, driving the security transformation and enhancements across the group, leading strategic security improvement initiatives about how we work across the bank. The Security Transformation lead will analyse existing processes and identify opportunities for enhancement and how we can be more effective while at the same time maintaining operational agility and overall productivity. In particular, looking at a portfolio of strategic security activities, such as security and technology risk management, application and system security, governance processes.
- Identify and drive key strategic initiatives to transform the way we work, enhancing security processes and policies across the group, driving an increased maturity and effectiveness of security across the whole organisation
- Expert in security maturity frameworks and how to apply them for the organization and how to improve our policies, procedures and standards across all information security domains, ensure alignment with regulatory and industry standards and to be addressing current and evolving threats.
- Expert in Risk management processes and cyber security control frameworks, including implementation of risk management tools, integration of risk management with business processes and internal functions, reporting and risk metrics, enhancing processes for 3rd party risk management, vendor and supplier security due diligence procedures and methodology
- Security in SDLC, good understanding in application and system security processes and how to effectively enhance the banks secure development.
- Work with the Unit Senior Leadership to develop a multi-year security roadmaps to realise the long term vision and business objectives of the Bank
- Review of IS policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure relevance to the rapidly changing cyber landscape and participate in the design of a Regulatory Compliance Framework
- Participate in building of a Security Dashboard with key performance measurements and to ensure an excellent level of security improvements across the group.
Change Agent Lead
- Lead change in working practices to improve clarity, accountability and measurability
- Communicate IT plans to key stakeholders in support of the function heads
- Co-ordinate with Enterprise IT Risk and IT Audit meetings with follow-up actions and closure
- Reporting to keep user community updated on the latest achievements and developments in IS
- Tracking and managing all identified issues to closure
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related discipline
- At least 10 years of Information Security experience function in a medium or large organization, leading a number of change programs.
- Broad understanding of the key aspects of IS which includes risk management, security requirements, controls, governance, policies and procedures, organization culture for security,
- Extensive experience in working collaboratively across teams and to lead others through problem solving challenges.
- Experience in setting up systems and processes for information security measure their effectiveness.
- Strong change management skills. Ability to lead change, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Capability in data analysis particularly in analyzing large amount of data to produce effective recommendations about improvements.
- Ability to identify and improve on work & process inefficiencies.
- Certification in CISSP, ITIL Foundation, CITPM, CSSLP or CGEIT would be advantages.
- Very good communication, writing and presentation skill
- Strong influencing skills, managing a variety of key stakeholders and internal leaders across the group.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to conceptualize, frame problem statements, identify the most valuable steps and prioritise issues to enable a clear and effective path to resolution
- Good organization skill
- Able to work independently, lead virtual teams and work across teams with minimal supervision.
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)