Senior VP, Program Manager - Digital, Business Tech and Ops Management
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
The UOB Cards Technology Domain is embarking on an exciting journey to deliver the Retail Bank Credit Cards Strategy over the next 3 years. This journey will deliver harmonisation and synergies, driving opportunities for growth whilst ensuring technology and operational optimisation across the APEC Region.
Delivery of the Cards Strategy within the Cards Technology Domain will involve several card platform migrations (including issuing, acquiring, loans and many other modules within the core platform) along with integration of other Group systems for UOB in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore.
Such an exciting challenge comes with a unique opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of experts from within the Bank and leading finance and technology companies to embed a new platform with enhanced capabilities for the Retail Bank across the Region.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage the delivery of the technology platform whilst working closely with Group Technology & Operations (GTO) teams to optimise solutions for their respective countries.
The GTO Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver projects spanning multiple Business Units and countries. Delivering Projects & Programmes within stage gate controls and UOB project SDLC guidelines while managing issues, risks, dependencies and project change will be core competencies to the role.
The GTO Project Manger has the authority to run the Programme on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the Projects and Programmes produce the required deliverables of quality, within the specified boundaries of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.Job Responsibilities
The GTO Project Manager is responsible for the coordinated management of multiple related Projects and in many cases, ongoing operations which are directed toward a common objective. Accountable for delivering Programmes on time, within budget, and within scope. This individual will lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a Project or Programme, from Initiation to Closure. The GTO Program Director exemplifies the highest level of initiative and leadership skills and acts as a mentor for more junior members of the department.
- Overall Management:
- Responsible for the quality, scope, timeline, effort (co-related to estimation, CR’s, complexity), resources (includes Business, Contractor, Professional Services (Vendors) resources as well as Operations),
- Develop and execute the overall project plan and analyse project proposals which impacts the schedule and budget variance which in turn contribute to meeting the overall objectives of the Programme.
- Identify and schedule Programme & Project / Workstream deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks. Understand interdependencies between Technology, Operations and Business needs.
- Stakeholder Management: Work hand in hand with Business Project Managers and Technical Delivery Managers to manage stakeholders and relationships - e.g. escalation, expectation, conflict, scope changes, etc. Ensure teams work in a collaborative environment.
- Scope Management: Manage all changes to the agreed scope of work. Review and assess all changes and impact to timeline and ensure all changes are approved by Programme Steering Committee (PSC) or appropriate Governance forum(s), including any Design Authority, Product Committee or similar.
- Project Governance: Prepare Investment Approval requests and manage approval of Programme(s). Organise and facilitate PSC meetings, chair Project Working Group (PWG) meetings, including attendees from all required countries across the Region.
- Risk and Issue Management: Manage the overall Programme risk profile, track risk aging, work-through escalations, change governance and related issues. Implement the risk mitigation plans.
- Process Adherence: Partner with relevant stakeholders in ensuring that the system development methodology (SDLC) is followed and the relevant artefacts are delivered on time with quality, in adherence to the development methodology/approach.
Project Reporting: Measure, monitor and report progress to stakeholders at various levels of organisation across the enterprise with the right quality and consistency in content. Implement Project & Programme communication plans and review status reports prepared by Project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree, 8-10 years’ experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated 10-15 years’ progressive management experience, including large-scale Project & Programme Management.
- Experience in wealth management domain is highly desirable.
- Proven capability of leading teams across sites and geographies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- A confident and self-aware leader with a high degree of independence.
- Direct responsibility of Project / Programme budgets of $30 - $50 million.
- Executive-level communication skills with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
- High level of drive, integrity, persistence, edge, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity
- Ability to influence, negotiate, lead and work as a team player to deliver
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)