Senior VP, Major Projects, Group CRES
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
Corporate Real Estate Services (CRES) manages physical properties of the bank. These include acquiring, maintaining, enhancing and disposing of real estate throughout the lifecycle of the properties. With the changing landscape, our focus now is also on strategic initiatives such as leading projects in developing major flagship buildings and data-centers in the region.Job Responsibilities
- Lead, plan, direct, coordinate, actively engage, collaborate activities, inspire and align with internal /external stakeholder and cross functional team initiatives, to ensure overall company goals / objectives and all elements of the business initiatives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, delivering against UOB workplace strategies inclusive of major building development and asset enhancement program.
- Lead and co-design with existing vision of transforming UOBâ€™s physical building infrastructure, office and banking environment, elevating the employee and visitor experience, enabling strategic events, and overall serving business, customer and employee in an integrated physical network.
- Lead role and key contact point for strategic / complex projects, reporting to senior members & stake holders from projectâ€™s due diligence, formulation, development, execution and close out (ie. building lifecycle), to suite the strategic business initiative, including post implementation support.
- Directly manage and work with the architect and engineering design, through its specification process, with emphasis on close monitoring, to ensure optimum design, to meet projectâ€™s performance index and companyâ€™s business initiatives.
- Set up effective reporting chain from project steering committee to executive committee, making reports / presentation and complies to companyâ€™s standard, compliance policy, guarantees the projectâ€™s integrity to ensure proper risk and governance culture.Â
- Track of risks and issues, and work with relevant key stakeholders to drive issue resolution.
- Responsible and coordinate activities of with relevant local governmental organisations and agencies, to Ensure permits are obtained at each tollgate that aid the project execution and schedule.
- Strong project / program management skills to develop and direct the strategic planning of multiple projects, responsible for overall quality and implementing companyâ€™s all term sustainability and wellness objective.
- Minimum 18 years of project / program management or relevant experiences in managing large scale complex project;
- BSc. in Construction, Architecture, Civil Engineering or Project Management;
- The ideal candidate should have worked for an established or renowned platform with at least completed 3 full cycle projects from concept to commissioning focus on Project Development Execution, with knowledge and experience of design engineering and construction processes from due diligence, financial modelling, permitting, site feasibility, contracting, construction means and methods, operational turn over;
- Adapts to change quickly and positively; deals effectively with a variety of people, cultures, and situations; thrives in a fluid environment;
- Demonstrated success with high profile communications;
- Leadership skills with ability to function tactically with trades but is also comfortable with senior level presentations;
- Well versed and established network within the construction industry and kept update to its best practise;
- Positive attitude towards countless challenges, being always enthusiastic, hands-on personality, willing to learn, inspiring the team and able to inject positive environment within the organization.
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)