Senior VP, Head of DevOps, GTO
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
Responsible for the end-to-end integration of software solutions to support the delivery of services across the organization. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in DevOps implementation, project management and be results focused. They will lead a diverse technical DevOps team implementing UOBâ€™s CI/CD strategy, automation, environment build plans (including infrastructure as code) across multiple projects.
As part of a cross-functional product development group, you should be comfortable leading and motivating remote highly talented teams ensuring that modern technology and process are implemented. You should be experienced in working with and presenting to senior â€œCâ€ level management. Good people and line management skills and the ability to recruit and develop a high performing team.
- Integrate, test, implement, and deploy new and existing software application programs
- Build highly performant CI/CD pipelines
- Automate the change management of the supporting infrastructure
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Stays current with industry trends and leads development of key DevOps, Runtime, and Operational innovation platforms.
- Conducting design reviews and challenging existing thinking
- Performance analysis and fine-tuning of systems
- Evidenced delivery of complex projects
- Security concepts and what makes for a secure solution
- Analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements
- Capture non-functional requirements and incorporate into overall design
- Ability to advice on industry standard tools for monitoring, alerting, configuration
- management and performance tuning
- Excels in team-oriented roles that rely on ability to collaborate with others.
- Deep technical background, with hands-on experience in automated; agile environments delivering infrastructure; monitoring and tooling
- Experience building/enhancing continuous delivery and continuous integration services.
- Prior working experience in as many of these areas as possible: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Microservices, CI/CD
- Experience with DevOps tools and environments like Jenkins, Git/Bitbucket, Maven, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with continuous testing, techniques and tools (Junit, SonarCube, VeraCode etc.)
- In depth knowledge of automation accomplished with advanced Python, Chef, Ruby and PowerShell
- In depth understanding of containerization - Docker, Kubernetes and troubleshooting techniques
- Extensive experience in virtualization, cloud infrastructure and related technologies
- A strong passion for infrastructure as code and associated automation and provisioning tools E.g.- Ansible
- Knowledge of best practices, market and Banking industry trends around infrastructure and Cloud to provide thought leadership and knowledge transfer
- Proven track record in developing technology strategy and vision
- Extensive background in working with business partners in areas of software development, APIs, integrations and service deployment.
- Proven experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Self-directed and self-learner, displays resilience and discipline
- Good planning and organizing skills with structured thinking and innovative solutions
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of business strategies and ability to translate them into concrete achievable action plans
- Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Understands and articulates the business strategy and vision and is able to mobilize formal and informal networks to achieve business growth in a sustainable manner
- Strong in influencing / negotiating and leveraging strong professional relationship to drive and deliver the right business outcomes.
- Facilitates and drives strategy / processes to achieve transformational change and put in place sustainable solutions
- Builds bench strength and develops teams and prepares them for future roles and challenges
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)