Senior VP/First VP, Wholesale Bank, Group Audit
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Audit function is an independent internal audit team that provides objective assurance and consulting to improve and add value to the Group’s operations. We help the Group achieve its strategic objectives by adopting a systematic and disciplined approach towards evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.Job Responsibilities
You will lead in audit projects and be responsible for the business, operational and regulatory audit of Group Wholesale Banking activities; Basel II Independent Validation Requirements and Loan Asset Quality. A sound knowledge of corporate credit lending, investment and derivative products, credit management and remedial processes covering front office, middle office and back office functions; as well as familiarity with laws and regulations governing the businesses are essential. The team will perform different types of audits such as global, thematic or business portfolio audits of the Bank’s Head Office Operations as well as its regional subsidiaries and overseas branches.
You will plan, organize, execute and conclude on the internal audits including the preparation of an audit plan and audit report which fulfills the responsibility of the team, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource needs. You should be well-versed in assessing business risks and controls; recommend business-focused solutions to improve risk management practices; as well as play an advisory role as subject matter experts. You will perform the quality review of auditing standards of the team and make recommendations to improve the audit processes and work paper documentation.
You will prepare concise summarized reports and management papers for Audit Committees and other stakeholders.
- A recognized degree, with minimum 10 years of relevant working experience either in reputable auditing firms or financial institutions. Professional certifications such as CIA, CFA or CPA are added advantages
- A sound knowledge of corporate credit lending, investment and derivative products, credit management and remedial processes covering front office, middle office and back office functions; as well as familiarity with laws and regulations governing the businesses. An understanding of Financial Institutional Products is preferred
- Possess a strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong people management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills and maturity to drive and manage audit assignments
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)