Senior VP / First VP, Technical Delivery Manager, GMET - Finance
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.Job Responsibilities
This role is to manage the implementation of finance projects covering all locations within the group.
• Understand the business requirements
• Develop, review and update project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames.
• Drive the data, design and solution discussions with vendor, technology team and user groups.
• Directly lead and manage a team of technical teams comprising developers, technical analysts with focus on
delivering banking systems and solutions
• Responsible for the successful execution and technical delivery of projects that meet scope, timeline and budget
• Stakeholder and relationship management, including escalation, expectation, conflict, scope changes
• Partner with solution and enterprise architects to deliver technical innovations in support of emerging business needs and to progress these ideas from concepts to working solutions
• Plan project efforts to upgrade, enhance and maintain systems at supported release levels
• Identify and raise risks and issues affecting the project, including financial or operation and proactively managing them, with timely escalation to relevant parties where necessary.
• Drive the testing strategy and manage the testing cycles, ensuring all critical and high defects are resolved within the testing cycle.
• Manage relationships across all business lines and with external parties, ensuring timely delivery of assigned activities.
• Organise and chair governance meetings, including preparation of meeting materials and minutes.
• Ensure work deliverables are in compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements.
• Implementation manager with more than 12 years of relevant experience in financial services industry
• Good and proven fundamental knowledge of project implementation for large-scale, multi-interfaces applications
• Strong domain knowledge in accounting, general ledger, performance reporting, regulatory and financial reporting
• Experience in delivering projects in full SDLC/Agile methodologies
• Good knowledge in MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Project
• Have good interpersonal and communications skills
• Have good organizational skills and stakeholder management skills, with experience at coordinating multiple stakeholders in a diverse organization
• Have good presentation skills
• Be a self-starter, and able to work independently
• Able to work within ambiguity
• Have strong execution ability and able to see end-to-end closure of issues
• Demonstrate good initiative in issue resolution
• Result-oriented person with focus on delivery
• PMP certified preferred
• Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, engineering or similar domain
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)