Senior VP / First VP, Enterprise Analytics Lead, Data Management Office
The Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management, Big Data Analytics and Enterprise Data Strategy. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Enterprise Data Strategy (EDS) within the DMO Own the E2E Data Strategy for the group. EDS drives the delivery of Strategic Data and Analytics that is cross functional and regions that supports strategy development, monitoring and decision making. EDS also set the Group Data Strategy and Drive adoption and value creation through projects and initiatives.
You will be leading a team within the Implementation Services team in the implementation of the New Enterprise Data Analytics platform project. Your main responsibilities include:
- Define the implementation and project scope
- Advises on the implementation and maintenance of the analytics platform environment, including runtime optimization, capacity management and integration planning, security, configuration, scheduling, and execution of maintenance utilities in relationship to use of Business Intelligence (BI) Tool Suites and Data Science Solutions
- Ensure solution design is standardized and scalable to avoid exceptions and manual processes
- Act as a liaison between the business and logistics operations teams to ensure business project needs are adequately met with technology solutions.
- Deliver detail business requirements & Review of functional specifications
- User Acceptance Testing – Leading the various team/streams to co-ordinate and orchestrate testing efforts
- Perform data profiling and gap analysis, source to target mappings, data issue capturing, resolution and escalation.
- Clear and regular communication on implementation activities
- Communicate to management and stakeholders to provide clarity in the implementation scope, timelines, risk, benefits across the implementation life cycle on a regular basis.
- Champion business change management, ensuring the business is prepared for the change.
- Work or liaise effectively with business representatives and project members
- Collaborate with constituent project managers, project leads, development leads and/or Scrum Masters to monitor cost, schedule and technical performance of component projects and operations
- Drives vendors effectively to achieve project deliverables and ensure project is delivered on schedule
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualifications with at least 10 years of working experience in banking industry, preferably with business / functional knowledge; of which at least 6 years of enterprise warehouse & analytics project/implementation experience
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouse/Analytics implementation and management experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, marketing and sales, project management, information technology, financial management, business operations, and software development, with proven ability to develop and integrate plans.
- Experience with Hadoop/Teradata Environment
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative;
- Good written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders and vendors that persuades action.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)