Senior VP / First VP, Data & Analytics Strategy Partner, Data Management Office
The Enterprise Data & Analytics Strategy team is a business function that leads the strategy, utilization, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure.
The team is part of the Big Data Analytics Centre that will take the organizations’ analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology that is currently being deployed.
This is an exciting and unique role within the organization that will shape the future of analytics for the bank across the region. You will be a leader for your respective portfolio by representing the department to work with our various business segments to design and deliver the enterprise data analytics roadmap. This will include areas such as data, business intelligence, AI and machine learning as well as strategic partnerships.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
- Trusted advisor for Senior MD or ED business stakeholders from assigned business/support units to provide deep expertise and advisory on integrating data and analytics into business objectives and outcomes
- Develop and execute the Data Analytics Strategy Roadmap for your assigned business/ support units to drive value realization from data and analytics
- Develop and champion the bank’s data and analytics strategy and direction
- Manage and lead delivery of analytical assets including analytical deep-dives, dashboards, AI and machine learning solutions to help businesses leverage their internal/external data assets for strategic decision making
- Ensure all Data and Analytics projects and enhancements align with the Enterprise Data Architecture and enterprise business glossary.
- Accountable for the Data Project Pipeline of initiative for your assigned business/ support units.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the data produced/collected by the assigned BUs/SUs and recommend improvements and controls (in terms of processes and systems) to enhance quality of the data and maintain business glossary
- Involved in assigned business/support units data and analytical asset build to ensure capabilities are reusable from enterprise level
- Champion innovation under the management’s guidance and directives.
- Min Postgraduate in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering , Computer Science or a related field
- Min 15 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence function
- Strong track record and in-depth knowledge of Business Intelligence and Big Data platforms and excellent Technical to Business and vice versa translation skills
- Strong experience in strategy development in relation to the application of analytics in business strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have a strong appreciation of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Good working knowledge of AI/machine learning and data governance
- Strong leadership and team management capability
- Solid experience in data analytics for banking and finance industry
- Good team player who possesses drive and initiative to lead both direct and virtual teams
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)