Senior VP/First VP, Business Management Lead, Group Wholesale Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Wholesale Bank function operates a dynamic business model that provides financial services and solutions to help our clients achieve their strategic business objectives. Our mission is to become the premier-provider of banking services and solutions for Asia-based commercial banking companies (small medium enterprises), large corporations, financial institutions as well as multinational corporations. Our coverage teams work in full alignment with specialised teams across Transaction Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Group Retail to deliver seamless solutions to our clients.
As a key member of the Group Wholesale Banking Business Management Support team, you will lead a team and be responsible for run-the-bank business management initiatives to enhance business performance.Â
You will also be responsible as the Project Owner for GWBâ€™s Customer Relationship Management (â€œGWB CRMâ€) tool, owning the development of future enhancements as well as drive system adoption.Â
Active engagement and assistance in the ad-hoc projects and other related business support activities are also expected.
- General Business Management :
- Strategic business support for GWB-wide initiatives as well as specialized coverage functions in GWB.
- Execution of portfolio strategy and establish consistent business disciplines across client team processes.
- Drive and support governance, risk and control related initiatives and processes to continue to reinforce a strong risk culture (Ops Risk, BCP, Audit, Compliance etc)
- Overall Project Owner of the GWB CRM tool:
- Work with GWB Business Heads to drive GWB user adoption of the tool
- Develop analytics and insights through regular reports to drive business performance.
- Drive cross functional teams to deliver enhanced functionalities to the system as well as operationalize other GWB initiatives through GWB CRM
- General system maintenance and user support
- A recognized tertiary education with at least 10 years of experience in the banking / financial industry
- Minimum 8 years of business management experience, with strong interpersonal skills, and proven leadership and people management techniques.
- Strong excel, macros and report presentation skills
- Six-sigma / project management skills preferred
- Strategic thinking, analytical and result-oriented
- Team player who is able to multi-task and work independently and motivate other team members
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)