Senior VP / First VP, Borrowing Base Trade Finance (BBTF) Middle Office
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Lead a Team of 3-4 members to review financing request of customers approved on Borrowing Based Trade Financing (BBTF) structure
• Review and ensure deal is in line with the approved structure, credit limits, counterparty limits. Able to propose solutions to mitigate risk at transaction level
• Provide guidance and leadership to team members
• Review and approve transactions
• In case of need, step in to prepare transactions, review terms of LCs, contracts, documents to ensure deal can be self liquidated
• Perform price reasonable check and vessel check
• Ensure team followup with post financing control procedures eg. mark to market, export LCs, vessel checks, FTB monitoring, collateral value
• Review LC matchlist and discrepancies
• Sound knowledge of bank’s policies, guidelines, control, regulatory, AML/CFT procedures and ensure team compliance
• Ensure timely and accurate service delivery in accordance with Service Level Agreement
• Lead and contribute to deal discussion and implementation
• Review and operationalise bank’s policies, guidelines and regulations and recommend enhancements to procedures to comply with changes
• Manage division's audits, review reports
• Annual access review, budgeting and resource planning
• Setup and regular review of SOP
• Lead / Participate in projects as assigned
- At least 20 Years of experience in trade operations and middle office functions, including leading a team
- Sound knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URC, URR, ISP, URDG, MAS/ ABS Guidelines and experience in all areas of international trade
- Trade Product knowledge
- Proficient in excel & macro
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous and strong follow-up skills
- Able to work independently and lead a team
- Good interpersonal skills
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)