Senior VMware Engineer (Data center virtualization) - Perm
- Provide support for an Enterprise Data Center, implement and maintain VMWare-based infrastructure and related storage
- Participate in design and feedback workshops to improve our services and quality of work
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements – continuous modification and improvement
- Work at solving issues with the Cloud Services and Platform
- Responsible for preparing the SOP's and update them regularly; prepare knowledge-based articles for sharing across the team
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experiences with Dell EMC VxRail Hyper-converged systems regarding Cluster Management, monitoring nodes and drivers at physical layer; adding and replacing hardware; VxRail Physical link monitoring.
- Over 5 years experience working with VMWare v6 and v7, vCloud Director, vCloud Foundation, VMWare Workspace One, vSAN, NSX-T and related products
- Experienced deploying and supporting cloud-native applications with Terraform, ARM templates, Ansible Playbooks, etc
- Experienced supporting, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem resolution of cloud connectivity; VPC/Network peering, Cloud-to-Cloud, On-prem-to-cloud
- Experienced supporting, troubleshooting, analyzing, and determining root cause analysis and problem resolution for Operating Systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows, and infrastructure technologies (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering, etc)
- Experienced in technology-related work, providing support on large-scale enterprise and service provider environments. Strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking tools and technologies (e.g., Ethernet, IP, ARP, ping, traceroute, Active Directory, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention, TACACS+, ACS, eVPN, Cisco Routers, Switches, Access Control Servers, Dynamic Routing Protocols, implementing Multi-Factor Authentication, BGP, MPLS, ISIS) Software-Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as SDN/NFV
- Experienced in deploying, monitoring, configuring, and supporting Data Domains, experience with Data Domain performance standards
- Proficiency scripting using PowerShell/PowerCLI and Python
- Experienced in Disaster Recovery and backup and restore solutions and support using Veeam
- Well versed with Patch Management on VMware platforms and use of other Patch Management tools such as Satellite and WSUS
- Understanding of network-based security (e.g., access lists) and security concepts (blacklist vs. white list)
- Working location at East area
- Interested candidates must be open to support staggered shift hours (Mondays to Fridays, no overnight shift), and weekends support.
To apply, please visit www.gmprecruit.com and search for Job Reference: 17905
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Yingying at [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Technologies (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 11C3793 | EA Personnel: Lai Yingying | Registration No: R1110239
GMP TECHNOLOGIES (S) PTE LTD