Senior VIP Host (Nightlife)
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 20-May-2020
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Establish and develop relations with club patrons and provide personalized services.
- Responsible for taking reservations, answering the phone, responding to any guest requests.
- Greet each guest warmly. Be helpful, welcoming and pleasant towards each Guest.
- Seat the guests in the restaurant according to designated rotation plans. Seat Guests evenly and fairly at various stations of the restaurant.
- Personalize each guest experience by using the guests’ names where known. Acknowledge each special occasion where known. Pass on the relevant guest information to the Captains and Server Attendants.
- Maintain the Guests’ profile and history, taken note of all special occasions and dates for example birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc.
- Notify all Guest comments to the Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Ensure that guests are screened for safety and individuals of disrepute are not allowed entry.
- Recognize illegal and undesirable behaviour and take appropriate steps to deny entry and have removed from the premises.
- Ensure that at all times, the best interest of the venue are upheld when permitting entry to any guest.
- Follow up to any guest complaints pertaining to nightclub and restaurant related guest experiences.
- Resolve guest service queries and concerns with diplomacy and tact and report any issues to management.
- Supervise, coach and support all VIP Hosts/hosts in achieving their targets.
- Compile and track VIP Host Performance Incentive Plans.
- Develop street team promotion schedule and verify weekly hours.
- Report on VIP Hosts, promoters and internal staff guest list including total count, gender ratio and overall quality.
- Track and distribute promotional tools for driving guest list including VIP passes and wristbands.
- Perform a variety of tasks relating to customer interaction and various points throughout the nightclub and the property as decided by Management on the shift.
- Maintain a guest focus at all times, ensuring that guest service delivery is timely, effective and efficient and that it meets both the guest’s (internal and external) needs and corporate standards.
- Perform a variety of office and correspondence duties relating to maintaining and following up networks. Duties include but are not limited to updating contact records, email correspondence, thank you cards and updating social media mediums.
- Review and monitor VIP Host correspondence ensuring targets are met and appropriate standard is maintained.
- Seek, build and retain a network of clientele to promote the Nightclub as an entertainment venue and generate business in identified target market sectors.
- Work closely with the Sales and Event Manager to identify potential events and or clientele to target.
- Be fully aware of and comply with all established standards and procedures and provide quality service to all customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the venue complex, amenities, current promotions, local services and surrounding attractions.
- Ensure a high standard of personal grooming and professional appearance at all times.
- Use discretion and maintain confidentiality when handling information relating to the nightclub operations including guest lists.
- Monitor team member punctuality, grooming standards and overall performance.
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Responsible for developing relationships within Singapore to promote all venues.
- Act as mentor to the host team.
- Anticipates guests needs.
- Facilitates a night of fun and positive energy.
- Contributes to the marketing and success of the venues.
- Assists in table reservations.
- Develops clientele.
- Makes guests feel at home.
- Connects with all of the staff.
- Ensures that all guests are enjoying the experience.
- Communicates with the cocktail waitress to ensure that the guests are well taken care of.
- Gives the guest a personalized service and top priority in bottle service.
- Networks, markets, and establishes contacts.
- Sets standards for our guests in regards to appearance.
- Handles each guest in a way that will make our company stand out.
- Walks the guests to their table and introduces the cocktail waitress.
- Required by all TM’s to help promote the venues on all personal social media platforms in a positive view on a weekly basis
- Have a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Be able to work days, nights, public holidays, eve of public holidays and any peak periods and any shift per the business needs and requirements.
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Building Trust and Teamwork.
- Meet internal and external guest needs, communicates expected standards of service.
- Build a strong relationships with Hotel Concierge, Butlers, Gaming host and marketing.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Strong administration, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Must be able to be around loud noise and amplified music for extended periods at a time.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and resourcing people and products, performance management and controlling labour costs and operating expenses.
- Guest Service Orientation: meets internal and external guest needs, communicates expected standards of service.
- Exposure to Hospitality environment.
- Experience in networking.
- Ability to communicate with guest and co-workers.
- Ability to utilize social media including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to approach potential guest to create and maintain lasting relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and loud environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Maintain a positive demeanor when speaking to guest and co-workers.
- Must possess general knowledge of using Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Create and maintain an on-going client list.