Senior Vice President, Risk & Decision Management, Business Banking Analytics
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
This role is part of a team that identifies, prioritizes and drives value through innovative analytics across UOB Business Banking Ecosystem Partnerships. Leveraging both traditional and alternative data intelligence, we generate business insights for our strategic partners to grow our digital network via data-backed business & credit decisioning.
• Curate diverse data sources to assess what information and data need to be common, collected and stored. Strive for adoption and implementation of industry standards where available and deploy a consistent data architecture to enable organized and intelligent data.
• Maintain & enhance our technical toolkit (models, dashboards and ad-hoc analyses) to serve business development, underwriting and marketing (acquisition, cross-sell, CRM, customer engagement, etc) analytics needs in the evolving digital environment.
• Identify and transform data-driven business opportunities/warnings into actionable analytics.
• Engage our business stakeholders to get buy-in for proposals and recommendations.
• Collaborate with both external and internal partners on change and integration management of our projects.
• Stay abreast of emerging trends, tools and technologies in the digital arena.Job Requirements
• A good degree in Banking & Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
• 5 – 8 years’ experience as an analyst or in a quantitative role in a retail banking environment. Experience in small business segment is favorable.
• Strong computing skills: SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL and database familiarity; MS Office applications, including advanced spreadsheet functionalities. Competency in R, Python and VBA will be an added advantage.
• Self-starter and able to navigate and thrive in an unstructured working environment with minimal supervision.
• Astute business acumen and excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)