Senior Vice President, Product Head, Business Banking
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
We develop integrated products and services targeted at helping small and medium-sized enterprises across the region progress through different stages of growth. These include innovative solutions and initiatives in areas of working capital loans, operational efficiency and currency exposure.Job Responsibilities
Product and Portfolio Management
- Primary owner for all applicable product programs in Business Banking globally. This includes the development of new lending programs, test programs and/or enhancement of existing programs (including annual renewals) with joint support from Group Credit and Risk Management; as well as defining the program features, credit acceptance criteria, and lending parameters – taking into consideration various factors such as macro-economic and regulatory environment, competition, business strategy, portfolio quality and risk and return profile in each of the countries.
- Maintain strong partnerships with Group Transaction Banking, Global Markets, Group Channels & Distribution, Group Banca and also working closely with key stakeholders including Sales, Credit, Risk Management, Portfolio Analytics, Legal & Compliance teams to drive sustainable growth in the lending portfolios.
- Monthly business and portfolio reviews with Group and Country leadership teams focusing mainly on Financial KPIs, Product and Portfolio Management initiatives, Sales Productivity, as well as portfolio credit quality.
- Provide strategic direction and guidance to Country business teams on product initiatives, pricing, product programs, and key focus areas.
- Actively participated in various projects to drive strategic initiatives – e.g. SME Credit Excellence project leading to the adoption of a more robust credit underwriting engine, Building a distinctive digital onboarding business in new market (Vietnam), etc.
- Degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience in product and portfolio management
- Proven track record in partner management and project management
- Good knowledge of local ecosystem landscape and startup scene
- Strong stakeholder management ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and professional
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)