Senior Vice President, Head, Business Banking Analytics
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group’s business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile.Job Responsibilities
The role is based in Singapore and will report to the Group Head of Risk and Decision Management. The Candidate is responsible for managing a team of 4-5 analysts who will support Business Banking in: credit risk models, portfolio monitoring and management, product programs and credit policies, as well as decision management models and analytics for marketing campaigns, product / program development and portfolio / customer management. The scope covers the Business Banking portfolio in Singapore, as well as regional countries where UOB has significant Business Banking business.
- Manage a team of 10-12 analysts to support Business Banking in the areas of credit risk and marketing / decision management models and analytics, portfolio review and MIS for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- Develop, validate and monitor Basel II models, retail risk scorecards (application, behavioral, etc), and portfolio stress testing. Implement Basel II and scorecards models, manage the scoring and capital computation engines and analytics datamart, as well as conduct UAT and support the overall deployment of models
- Develop and translate modern Marketing Models through AI and Machine Learning Algorithm across the customer life cycle: customer / portfolio segmentation, acquisition, activation, relationship management, retention, etc into actionable insights with strong business impact
- Deliver innovative analytics and implement alternative data intelligence to drive growth in Business Banking digital network and ecosystem partnerships across core UOB markets
- Generate, analyze and monitor portfolio risk and capital reports, scorecard performance report and booking profile. Provide credit risk analyses and advisory to business managers, senior management, regulators and other key stakeholders
- Support BB product and credit programs, including the review / estimation of risk parameters, product pricing, product structure and regulatory requirements
- Work with BB product and portfolio managers to develop / design marketing campaigns and product programs. Identify and highlight business trends and opportunities based on periodic review of CRM analytics, predictive models, marketing campaign results and market intelligence
- Generate regular and ad-hoc portfolio / CRM analytics and MIS. Work with the Analytics Support team to managing / enhance the BB analytics datamart and support relevant systems enhancements
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative programme, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering, etc. Business, Finance and Economics degrees with a strong quantitative focus and highly relevant working experience will be considered. MBA / post graduate degree is an added advantage
- 10+ years of experience in credit risk management and / or decision science, preferably in a retail/SME banking environment. Consulting and risk vendor experiences will also be considered
- Strong PC skills: SAS - Programming, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner; SQL / AS400 query and database familiarity; MS Office applications, including advanced spreadsheet and VBA. Knowledge of Python or R is a plus
- Analytical mind with sound business insight, excellent communicator (verbal and written), highly meticulous, and self-motivated
- Self starter, flexible with a proven ability to work well in teams, as well as being able to function with minimal supervision. Proven track record in people management
- Maturity that will enable the candidate to be a credible counterpart to business managers and senior management, and the ability to develop on-going ‘trusted advisor’ relationships based on the ability to understand, analyse, discuss and address key business challenges raised
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)