Senior Travel Consultant, UOB Travel Planners
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.Job Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and professional Travel Consultant who is focused on delivering superior service to our customers and generating revenue for the business. You will be expected to service international and domestic bookings including budget carriers for point to point, multi destination or even Round the World fares, Hotels, Car Rental and Rail arrangement. Our customers seek flawless service and look for a unique and exclusive experience. If you take great pride in your work and enjoy going above and beyond to service your clients and you also have excellent knowledge of fares and Galileo or a similar GDS system such as Abacus and Amadeus, then this opportunity could be for you!
- Understands clientsâ€™ need and operate within the Corporate Policy of Travelerâ€™s Company
- Complete accurate records of bookings and offer best alternatives available in terms of fare shopping, pricing/routings.Â
- Work professionally and independently in providing Business Travel Services ie:
- planning of itineraries, making reservations, ticketing, hotel and car rentals
- maintain accurate and updated passenger profile
- familiar with Client Travel Policy
- check document validity, provide accurate visa requirements and application details at the time ofÂ Â Â reservations
- confirm travel itinerary within the SLA of the request.
- follow up on issuance of air tickets and other documents between 2 â€“ 3 days before ticket dateline or departure of flight
- minimize errors and mistakes by gaining knowledge of procedures, products, rule and regulations
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to anticipate customer needs
- Build and maintain good working relationship with customer
- Communicates effectively to both an internal and external customers
- Be proactive & resourceful
- Solve day to day operational problems
- Able to work under pressure & remain compose
- Demonstrate teamwork
- Participate in Travel Fairs to support Air teamÂ
- GCE â€˜Oâ€™ or â€˜Aâ€™ level
- Standard or Advance IATA Certificate an advantage
- Minimum 8 years Corporate Travel Industry Experience
- Pleasant & patient and able to work under pressure & strong inter-personal skills
- Good knowledge of various travel products & well verse in airfare calculation and able to offer competitive travel fare options
- Must be familiar with appropriate travel reservation & ticketing and hotel systems.
- Ability to use travel booking software efficiently
- Must be an excellent team player and focused on achieving team goals
- Fluent spoken English, good written communication skills
- Excellent telephone mannersÂ
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)