Senior Technology Solution Engineer (Learning Space Technology Services), IITS
- Maintain and support the daily operation of University information display panels and IT/ AV equipment in classrooms, schools, library, and offices. Ensure the smooth operations of all IT-enabled equipment and related systems in all SMU’s classrooms, laboratories and teaching spaces.
- Provide events support for the smooth operations of internal and external events held in conference halls (auditoriums) and University event spaces.
- Assist Senior Assistant Director to gather requirements, coordinate and liaise with vendors as well as end-users to deliver new or enhanced systems. Establish and maintain client-user liaison.
- Lead the solution sourcing, experimentation, and evaluation, then providing recommendations and writing justification to enhance pedagogy in SMU.
- Drive activities in assets acquisition such as writing the RFQ (Request for Written Quotation), RFI (Request for Information) and Open Tender processes for projects related to IT/ AV equipment.
- Perform project management and vendor management to ensure timely delivery of projects assigned.
- Lead the development and preparation of user documentation, client support procedures, and workflow and service level agreement.
- Work closely with Senior Assistant Director in managing the team’s administration matters.
- Provide training to staff, faculty and students on the usage of AV equipment in the classrooms, meeting rooms, project rooms, conference halls, etc.
- Manage all assets deployed in classrooms and University teaching spaces.
- Degree/ Diploma holder with 4 to 6 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in managing projects preferably IT/ AV projects.
- Keen interest in IT and digital/ analog AV devices and tools.
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment and software to identify and rectify problems.
- Strong in analysis skill and good problem solver.
- Good requirement gathering and analysis skills.
- Demonstrate ability to accomplish timely and high-quality work, handle a variety of duties, adapt to changing demands and priorities, and work successfully in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
- A self-starter, strive for excellence, innovative with service oriented mindset and initiative to improve processes.
- Experience and familiarity with control frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT and ISO is preferred.
- Experience in operating, maintaining, and designing control systems (such as Crestron, Extron, AMX, etc.) would be an added advantage.
Candidates who do not possess the stipulated qualifications but have relevant work experience may still apply. Remuneration and appointment terms shall commensurate with qualifications and experience. SMU reserves the right to modify the appointment terms where necessary.
Singapore Management University