Senior Technician (Sound)
We are looking for a Senior Technician who is able to provide effective and efficient technical support in the mounting of stage productions and other events for the arts center as well as to oversee the work of the other technicians in Technical Production.
You must have a well developed knowledge and skills to one or more specific projects or services, requiring the development and adaptation of a wider variety of specialised procedures and techniques. You are expected to develop, test and evaluate complex options and issues. Hence, you must be able to plan and can initiate appropriate changes. You also have full accountability of resources and must partake in the training of other staff in your specialised area.
Production and technical services/operations
- Assists supervisors/managers in ensuring that production and technical needs of users are met in their respective areas of expertise.
- Oversee the work of Technicians in ensuring that a high level of safety, quality service and craftsmanship is maintained.
- To load/bump-in/out, rig and set up/strike relevant equipment for various productions, events and functions.
- Operates the equipment for checks and plotting sessions, rehearsals and performances.
- Ensures that all stage, backstage and production areas as well as equipment are kept neat, tidy and safe and secure.
- Assists in other areas (not just within own specialised area) when needed.
Maintenance of all technical equipment
- Ensures that all equipment at the Esplanade is safely and securely stored and that the tracking of equipment movement is well documented.
- Maintains all technical equipment in good working order.
- Tests and services all equipment on a regular basis, ensuring that they are in good working order at all times.
- Provides first-line repair when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks stock of spares and consumables and requests for re-order when necessary.
- Responsible for regular inventory taking.
- Updates and maintains maintenance logbook/ database
- Minimum three years of experience in the Performing Arts / Live Entertainment industry or similar/ related field or trade.
- Diploma or equivalent qualifications in a technical field
- Staff Supervisory experience is essential as is the ability to work effectively while unsupervised.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages are considered an advantage.
- Able to take a proactive, methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Training in live audio reinforcement, electricity, electronics and audio recording is
important (for Sound).
- Computer literacy for all areas.
- Training in First Aid and Fire Safety/Fire Fighting is an advantage for all areas.
- Willingness to conduct training for other Production Personnel.
- Adept at working safely with hand and power tools including while working at height.
- Capable of the manual handling of heavy objects.
- Able to work irregular working hours and "hands on" work is expected.
We invite you to email us [Click Here to Email Your Resume] with your resume and an indication of your current and expected salary if you are keen to join us as Senior Technician. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your interest in the position and in the Esplanade.
The Esplanade Co Ltd