Senior Systems Engineer
Work at network operations level administrating multi-tenants, applications; monitoring and managing system performance.
- To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate storage media.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Develop and maintain operational, installation, configuration or other procedures.
- Monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues.
- To provide support services for level one support and other technical teams
- To engineer and provision products and services on core network and system equipment
- Engineering of NOC-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for administration tasks.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Computing or related
- Linux + or Redhat certified
- AWS/Azure certification or experience preferred
- At least 2 years experience in Linux administration
- Must know Linux administration with strong programming and scripting capabilities in sh, bash, perl, php, java and/or ruby.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of DNS, Email Systems and Virtualization.
- Knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Linux networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL and HTTP
- Good knowledge of Internet Security.
- Software experience with Apache, Nagios, LDAP, RADIUS, Bind, Postfix, Qmail
- Good knowledge of File Replication, File System Tuning, Upgrading and Configuring
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as MRTG and SNMP
- Knowledge in High Availability and failover scenarios, Load-balanced environment is a plus.
- Experience in Debian/Ubuntu Linux
- Knowledge in Network preferred
- Experience in XEN/VMware Virtualization preferred
- Team player
- Good English writing, documentation process and customer communication skills required.
We invite interested applicants to send us comprehensive resume with your qualifications, work experience, current & expected salaries and contact details to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Please specify position you are applying for in the subject heading.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
LGA Telecom Pte Ltd