Senior Systems Engineer
Are you seeking the new norm career opportunities?
We are helping Thatz International Pte Ltd to identify suitable talents to help them to grow their business in the new norm. Selected talents will be placed with them to carry out their Next-Generation ICT Engagement and Consultancy (Thatz 2.0) or Outsourcing business.
Who we are
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd (Agency License No. 04S4557) has been established since the Year 2000 to recruit the right IT candidate that meets our clients’ requirements at all levels. We always have great success in matching the best candidate with the job openings.
- Right Pricing
- User eXperience
Our CORE VALUES:
- Forward Looking
- Humanity, and
- Environmental Friendly
Senior Systems Engineer
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Work Location: East / North, Singapore
Job Type: Permanent
About the Job
This role requires the individual to be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software of the related infrastructure. The individual also requires to participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and partners.
- Support for Cloud and Managed Services in delivering services according to SOP and SOW to meet prescribed SLA.
- Perform system design, configuration and recommendation.
- Project management for ad-hoc on-boarding and tech refresh project.
- Manage pre-sales activities including but not restraint to RFI, RFQ, RFP, technical clarification, etc.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and partners.
- Performance monitoring, preventive maintenance and patch management of servers to ensure optimum performance. To propose capacity upgrade or replacement when required to system owner.
- Provide support which including diagnosing hardware and software/application failures. Coordinate with equipment vendors and third party suppliers to resolve problems.
- Perform daily rectification of operational issues and change requests within expected service level agreement.
- Generate regular performance report and ad-hoc incident report to management and customer.
- Document configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and platform designs.
- Maintain process documentation and follow approved standard operation procedures.
- Conduct systems reviews for security, performance, and availability.
- Provide operational support for ITS products and services
- Minimum Diploma or Degree or other equivalent qualification.
- Basic virtualization technology and network certifications such as CCNA preferred
- Basic understanding of cloud / enterprise security best practices preferred
- Must possess Linux Administration, troubleshooting skills and experience with Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat Linux)
- Must possess Network troubleshooting skills and experience with management and configuration of networking devices (switches, routers, firewalls).
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Services like Openstack, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of open source applications
- Experience and knowledge of Containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and Virtualization technologies (KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware)
- Knowledge of OS/Application security hardening.
- Knowledge of Database such as MSSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Customer-oriented, patient and a strong team player.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills to communicate effectively
Key objective of this role:
To deliver awesome user experience through result oriented outcome with friendly service disposition ...we call it Thatz Way!
ARE YOU THATZ ONE?
Get in touch
- Prepare your updated resume (please include your notice period, current salary package with full breakdown such as base, incentives, annual wage supplement, etc.) and expected package.
- Apply through this application or send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
- All shortlisted candidates will be contacted
As an advocate for fair employment, we strive to do our best to render objective and merit based considerations for all applications, and we shall communicate with you personally when short-listed. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For those who are not short-listed, your profile will be kept for other opportunities where suitable.
Please note that your response to this advertisement and communications with us pursuant to this advertisement will constitute informed consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data by Thatz International Pte Ltd for the purpose of carrying out its business, in compliance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act.
Best wishes to your job search!
Feel free to recommend this position to your friend(s) or relative(s) who may meet our needs and be rewarded.
For more information about THATZ and other job listings, please visit: www.thatz.com
Please like our Facebook: www.facebook.com/thatz.international
Thatz Resources Pte Ltd