Senior System Engineer ( Windows ), Salary up to $6,500
Senior system engineer with broad and deep hands on technical expertise in Windows servers, Active directory, VMware , HyperV and Backup. The primary role is to ensure system operation running smoothly with respect to operation model and security, compliance requirements.
About the job
- Responsible to manage, coach and train junior engineers, i.e. to equip them with the knowledge to run and maintain day-to-day network.
- Managing and monitoring all installed system and infrastructure
- Installing, configurating, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Provide L2/L3 expertise for incident and problem management; security incident responses and root cause analysis
- Responsible to work with the respective application and network/system teams' members in troubleshooting and identify root cause
- Responsible to work with the respective vendors' support teams for the troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system issues.
- Responsible for all system infra related devices including appliances, vulnerability review and assessment.
- Responsible to conduct post implementation review on areas of improvement and tuning.
- Coordinate with information security governance team to align IT infrastructure with established standards.
- Ensure system compliance with all established information security policies
- Perform period health check of servers on premise and on cloud
- Performance and historical trend analysis
- Develop processes for improving operational efficiencies, as well as identifies/implements automation tools for existing manual processes.
- Prepare technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of System Infrastructure and operational requirements.
- Ready to be on call for 24x7 support and outfield support (if required)
- Responsible to install Configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Resolve issues during course of support and troubleshoot cloud and on premise systems
- Review and automate tasks and monitor efficiency
- Create/Overseas and work with various sub group within the Infra team ensuring compliance and support Disaster Recovery
- Co-ordinate with business users and various stakeholders when required
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Attend Audit meetings and review any audit findings and propose and implement recommendations where feasible and if not provide mitigation plan for approval
- Define proper standard network methodology and suggest improvements to System performance, capacity and scalability.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Diploma/ Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Around 4 - 7 years of experience in infrastructure operations, system and backup technologies, especially active directory and infra services.
- Good experience with leading a technical team is a good advantage.
- Experience in supporting complex financial IT environment or equivalent
- Hands on working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environment
- With experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, IIS)
- Experience with Active directory, SCCM, WSUS, SharePoint, Windows servers, and backup.
- Good understanding on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Good scripting experience with Powershell, Shell scripts, Ansible
- Certification in Managing and Operating Microsoft Office 365
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong technical foundation and willingness to learn new technology and approaches
- Good Written and communication skills with the ability to present well
- Able to co-ordinate and collaborate with cross-functional team members
Interested applicants, please Email [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Jane Ng Wei Ling
Recruit Express Pte Ltd
EA Licence No: 99C4599
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Recruit Express Pte Ltd