Senior/Staff Nurse (Urology Centre)
The NUH Urology Centre is a one-stop centre providing holistic care for patients with conditions affecting the kidney, adrenal glands, urinary bladder, prostate, urethra and ureters. The services include female urology and incontinence, urinary stone disease, kidney transplant, uro-oncology, male infertility, andrology and prostate disease including treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Investigative procedures that are carried out include, UroDynamic Studies, Extracorporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy, Cystoscopy, Catheterisation, TransRectal Ultrasound of the Prostate and biopsy, Percussion diuresis and inversion therapy protocol, TransUrethral Needle Ablation of the prostate, Vasectomy, Circumcision, Bladder washout and Intravesical BCG.
The clinic also provides pre and postoperative outpatient care to patients for a wide range of open, laparoscopic and robotic urology surgery.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately assess and manage Urology surgical wounds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different urology surgical procedures and the implications of these surgical procedures on the patient.
- Demonstrate competency and ability when assisting doctors performing procedures
- Perform Time Out for any invasive procedure carried out in the designated clinic area.
- Deliver compassionate patient counselling during surgical procedures carried out in the clinic area.
- Take responsibility for the correct management of instruments to CSSD.
- Safely manage the cleaning, disinfecting and storing of scopes with the use of Automated Endoscope Reprocessor (AER) as per approved guidelines and protocols.
- Monitor vital signs and respond accordingly when patients deteriorate as per approved guidelines and the hospital trigger policy. This includes the monitoring of moderate sedated patient (pre, intra and post).
- Perform and participate in simple audits ie Hand Hygiene, Environmental,
- Patients Record Review and IV preparation trolley.
- Undertake patient and family education pre and post operatively to patients for scopes and surgery.
- Coordinate ‘Hot Clinic’ and assist in ad-hoc simple day cases (eg. change catheter, bladder washout and bladder ultrasound).
- Coordinate and assist in elective and ad-hoc cystoscopy as day cases.
- Registered Nurse approved by Singapore Nursing Board.
- At least 2 years post-registration experience as a Staff Nurse with consistent good performance.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Display compassion and have a positive and caring attitude.
- Working hours: 8.30am to 6.00pm
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
National University Hospital