Senior/Staff Nurse (Neuroscience Clinic)
The job holder is responsible to provide personalised, specialised and cost-effective care to patients in accordance to established hospital policies and procedures, standards of nursing care, professional competencies and practices.
- Assess the clinical and neurological condition of Neuroscience patients
- Provide care management to patients with complex healthcare needs:
- Care coordination
- Contribute to multidisciplinary team
- Initiate referral to other allied healthcare members as required eg. Medical social worker, physiotherapist, dietician
- Initiate discharge planning
- Identify and initiate measures to prevent disease related complication(s)
- Conduct a Nurse-led anti-coagulation therapy clinic specifically for patients with stroke
- Conduct patient and family education on diagnosis, treatment and expected outcomes
- Lead in the development of educational materials for patients and their families
- Act as a resource person to fellow nurses, doctors, medical and nursing students on clinical nursing care and issues
- Conduct in-service staff education and specialty training courses based on neuroscience unit and individual training needs
- Develop and conduct neuroscience attachment programmes catered to the needs for local or overseas nurses
- Work in collaboration with allied healthcare team:
- Medical social worker
- Care coordinators
- Speech therapist
- Physiotherapist / occupational therapist
- Provide a point of contact and is a resource person for nurses within the institution for neuroscience specialty-related nursing care issues
Evidence Based Practice
- Participate in quality improvement, evidence based and research activities
- Identify clinical problem, formulate research questions, conduct or participate in clinical research activities
- Communicate research findings and implement practice change to deliver safe specialty care
Leadership in Professional Development
- Champion the development of Neuroscience nursing
- Provide professional guidance and clinical supervision to other nursing staff
- Registered Nurse.
- Diploma in Nursing or Degree in Nursing from recognized training institution as approved by the Singapore Nursing Board
- At least 1 year post-registration clinical experience as a Staff Nurse with consistent good performance.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Staggered shift time: 8:30am-6:00pm, 9am-6:30pm.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
National University Hospital