Senior Software Engineer
Headquartered in Singapore, vCargo Cloud (VCC) is the leading e-trade and e-logistics aggregator in Asia. We offer e-trade and e-freight solutions through our trade declaration portal and other valued added services to companies worldwide.
Backed by a team of experienced IT and logistics professionals, VCC revolutionizes the e-logistics marketplace by allowing businesses in the trade, supply chain and logistics industries to converge, exchange data, communicate and collaborate virtually on our cloud platform.
Our strategic partners include IE Singapore, SPRING Singapore, IDA, Singapore Logistics Association, CAAS and IATA to name a few.
To find out more about VCC’s product and service offerings, visit www.vcargocloud.com
Summary of Position
As a Java/J2EE professional, you will be part of our technical team to develop and maintain business solutions for supply chain and trade facilitation. You will participate in the full software development life cycle from requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and post-implementation support. You will also be a member in the team to drive innovation and embracing on new technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions for our clients.
- Be in charge of the development and documentation of requirements specifications and functional specifications.
- Develop, document and version-control codes.
- Participate, assist and support in development and execution of QA test plans for SITs and UATs.
- Provide support for production systems and participate in maintenance tasks, including change requests and upgrades.
- Engage in all aspects of the software development cycle, including the coding and testing, conducting of system installation, user training and testing, documentation, post implementation support, and debugging and bug fixing of the Company’s business offerings, solutions and services
- Diploma/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 year(s) of relevant experience
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership of work.
- Must be able to work closely within the team and at the same time be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Have a meticulous sense for details and a keen interest in quality work.
- Ability to work and contribute within a team.
- Knowledge of Java, JSP, Spring framework and Hibernate will be preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Unix environment.
- Prior knowledge and exposure to logistic/supply chain software solutions will be a plus.