Senior Software Engineer II (Cloud and full stack)
Confidential| Date Posted: 30-Oct-2020
Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours
The Senior Software Engineer performs research, prototyping, design, development, integration and/or sustaining of full stack of web-based applications.
- Research and comprehend contemporary concepts in computer science in order to integrate full software for equipment, desktop computers and the cloud. Use this knowledge to design and develop proof of concept and production web applications that interface with new equipment as well as algorithms that meet and exceed performance targets.
- Analyze and engineer feature requests for business teams, contribute to roadmaps for specific technologies and propose new projects to management.
- Recommend optimal approaches to design and efficient implementation based on practicality, best practices, and key technology trade off decisions.
- Learn and/or evaluate new software/web development technologies
- Work as part of a small team to design and deploy phenomenal web applications and platforms.
- Continue development work for a full-featured website and API
- Greatly expand and enhance our current web and server infrastructure
- Work closely with Product Management and Marketing to enhance the user experience
- Help lead the design, implementation and deployment of new features to improve the speed and functionality of our web applications
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering scalable full-stack web solutions
- Experience developing for cloud services such as AWS
- Experience with web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails etc
- Ability to deliver production Python and Java code
- Expertise with front-end frameworks is highly desired
- Ability to ensure cross-browser and platform compatibility for developed features
- Working knowledge of responsive design principles
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar field preferred
- Web Platforms: LAMP, SOAP, REST, JSON, PHP, Java, Apache, HTML5, Java Scripting, Ruby on Rails
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server- Specialty positions: Hadoop, AWS, MongoDB
- HL7, PHP, Java, Python, AWS,
- Machine Learning/AI experience, Big Data and Healthcare background will be plus