Senior Software Application Engineer
Accellion, Inc. is the provider of the first Content Firewall, the next generation firewall that gives organizations privacy and control over the content they communicate with their surrounding ecosystem. Among its customers are NYC Health + Hospitals, KPMG, Kaiser Permanente, Latham & Watkins, National Park Service, Cargill, NIST, and thousands more of the world's leading organizations. Accellion is carrying its bold vision forward while maintaining strong profitability and growth. This is a perfect time to join Accellion as it has started to move into a high growth phase and there are many opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to its future.
The Senior Software Application Engineer position is based in Singapore. We are looking for highly driven, talented and self-motivated Engineers to join a team of world-class engineers. Software Engineers would need skills to lead the development of any area of a large, scalable, distributed system or application. They would also work on the latest cutting-edge internet/software technology.
- Research solutions for technically challenging problems.
- Design and managing backend services and interchange of data between the server and the users
- Involves in development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness of request from the front-end
- Take responsibility of testing and maintaining existing code of the company’s products
- Work and closely co-ordinate with QA during creation of test plans.
- Code review and coaching the junior team members.
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering & IT related fields or related technical discipline
- 5+ years’ work experience developing enterprise application software
- Strong knowledge in Python is a must, complete with hands-on experience
- Strong understanding of software development process from design to deployment.
- Understanding of how to scale, build, and deploy enterprise applications and tools.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Passion for Accellion’s space and its mission.
- Past work experience in web and RESTful backend development with Python/Flask
- Knowledge in PHP is a plus
- Working experience in relational database technologies such as MySQL or MariaDB ór NoSQL
- Able to plan, carry out, report progress and accurately complete assigned tasks alone and in a team
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong communication skills with clients and peer developers
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Team player
Accellion has a very dynamic and flexible work culture and we’re looking for driven, resourceful, and proactive thinkers to solve complex technical challenges.
Compensation/Perks: You’ll be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. Other benefits include: medical, dental, 18 days of PTO going up to 21 days after 3 years.
Accellion Pte Ltd