Senior/Safety(SHE) Officer(ISO 45001, BizSafe, Cleaning Industry)
- The candidate will report to the General Manager and located in the main office. He/she will support the company to implement, control, maintain and improve its health, safety and environment management practises including maintaining its ISO45001 QOHS management system and BizSafe Star certification.
- He/she will be the risk champion of the company, undertaking risk assessment including incident investigation, corrective action and auditing as well as ensuring a focus on improving the safety culture of the company.
- The duties will also require the candidate to work outdoors. He/She must possess a level of physical fitness and resilience appropriate to the job requirements, keen observation and intimate knowledge of WSH requirements to enforce safety compliance at the workplace.
2. The successful candidate will have the following specifications:
- At least a Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety) or equivalent.
- Qualified ISO 45001 OH&S Internal Auditor and certified in WSH
- Minimum 5 years’ proven experience in an executive or similar role in an operations-based industrial environment.
- Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of ISO 45001 QOHS, BizSafe, WSH Regulations and WICA requirements, documentation & procedures.
- Competencies: Strong leadership, effective communication, stakeholder, inter-personal and client relations.
- Other skills: Training & presentation skills (ACTA/DACE); proficient in MS Office.
- Personal: Highly motivated, methodical, objective and thinks critically, enjoys taking initiative and responsibility for actions.
4. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, update and enforce the company’s SHE policy and procedures.
- Provide SHE advice, guidance, support and monitor compliance with company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Evaluate and perform Risk Assessment and inspect work places, facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify, eliminate workplace safety, health and related risks and hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Continuously build and improve the company’s safety culture through campaigns, safety training, awareness programs, structured toolbox agenda, induction programs and other safety related initiatives.
- Constantly update the company’s safety practises to be in compliance with statutory regulations and be the liaison person with external parties, including Ministry of Manpower.
- Develop and apply a formal investigation protocol and promptly act on any accident or non-compliance detected pertaining to safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop and enforce an Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) for the main office, and conduct emergency response drills and routine checks on work activities and safety practises.
- Maintain and prepare all IS0 45001 and WSH documentations and take part in internal and external safety audits.
- Collect and analyse data on safety performance, conditions and practices.
Please submit resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resume] with the following details in MS Word format:
- Position applying for
- Current remuneration
- Expected remuneration
- Notice period
John Goh Meng Chye
EA License No : 06C4642
EA Reg No : R1102621