Senior Python Developer
Accellion, Inc. is the provider of the first Content Firewall, the next generation firewall that gives organizations privacy and control over the content they communicate with their surrounding ecosystem. Among its customers are NYC Health + Hospitals, KPMG, Kaiser Permanente, Latham & Watkins, National Park Service, Cargill, NIST, and thousands more of the world's leading organizations. Accellion is carrying its bold vision forward while maintaining strong profitability and growth. This is a perfect time to join Accellion as it has started to move into a high growth phase and there are many opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to its future.
At Accellion, we are focused on building solutions that enable millions of users to securely share files with the outside world. Our platform provides enterprise security and governance over content exchange, prevents data leaks, and protects against malicious cyber-attacks.
We are looking for a highly driven, talented, and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join a team of world-class engineers. Software Engineers need the skills to lead the development of any area of a large, scalable, distributed system or application. They will also work on the latest, cutting-edge internet/software technology.
- Research solutions for technically challenging problems.
- Work with stakeholders to set and communicate team goals aligned to requirements; ensure the team stays focused and delivers against goals, adapting to changing requirements.
- Lead architecture and design, applying best practice in software engineering, including separation of concerns, high cohesion, low coupling, abstraction, encapsulation and information hiding, interfaces, and dependency injection.
- Work and closely coordinate with QA during creation of test plans.
- Code review and coach junior team members.
- Identify and reduce technical debt.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, IT-related fields, or a related, technical discipline.
- Singaporeans/PRs only
- 6+ years of work experience developing enterprise application software.
- Strong knowledge in Python is a must, complete with hands-on experience.
- Experience with Python frameworks, e.g., Flask, Django, etc.
- Strong understanding of the software development process, from design to deployment.
- Understanding how to scale, build, and deploy enterprise applications and tools.
- Ability to understand and resolve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Passion for Accellion’s space and its mission.
Additional Desired Skills
- Prior work experience in web and RESTful backend development with Python/Flask.
- Experience with Apache Airflow or having committed to the Apache Airflow project is a major plus.
- Knowledge in PHP; work experience in relational database technologies, such as MySQL, MariaDB, or NoSQL.
- Ability to plan, carry out, report progress, and accurately complete assigned tasks alone and in a team.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Strong communication skills with senior stakeholders and peer developers.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Team player.
Accellion has a very dynamic and flexible work culture and we’re looking for driven, resourceful, and proactive thinkers to solve complex technical challenges.
You’ll be rewarded with a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and stock options. Other benefits include: medical, dental, 18 days of annual leave going up to 21 days after 3 years.
Accellion Pte Ltd