Senior Project Manager/Project Manager (Construction, IR1)
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Development and Project Management, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the onsite process and construction of major projects within the Department of Design and Project Management team or as required by the department head. The set role will include involvement at an early stage in the development of the project with the majority of the role concentrating on the delivery aspect of the defined works. The successful candidate must have commercial construction industry experience on major fit-out, A & A projects with experience in live working environment preferable.
- Assist the Design team with design management, design coordination and design delivery to meet the project schedule.
- Monitor and control the progress and development of all related project deliverables through the various stages of the project in accordance with the MBS’s policy.
- Lead & provide expertise, guidance, advice, support and motivate project teams.
- Report to senior management via meetings or by regular written reports the progress of related project matters together with the status of related issues.
- Manage and prepare all reporting activities required for the Project Stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Teams to identify needs and evaluate alternative Project solutions.
- Involve in the selection of the Consultants as well as in the negotiation of their terms and conditions of engagement with the Procurement team, including giving advice on the most suitable forms of tender and contract.
- Oversee and ensure that Change Management as it relates to budget, revised design and potential schedule impact is carried out in line with MBS procedures.
- Work and liaise with the Design team on project matters, and also initiate value engineering initiatives to ensure that the project develops within the recognized cost and time constraints.
- Coordinate and integrate the activities of the assistant project managers, project engineers and other support staff on the project.
- Regularly inspect the progress of the work on site and provide guidance to the project and construction management teams on best practices and potential efficiencies on scheduling and processes.
- Oversee and support the Construction Management Team to ensure the adequate and timely flow of information, designs, technical data and feedback, to meet the stringent construction schedule requirements on the project.
- Plan and Implement Procedure and Quality Checks for assigned projects.
- Tertiary Degree in a Construction/Building/Project Management/Engineering related field.
- 15+ years previous work experience as a Senior Project Manager, preferably in an A & A related field
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards and other project-related activities, their interfaces and interdependencies.
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to visualize issues and communicate them to others.
- Outstanding organization, coordination and leadership skills – ability to coordinate groups of Consultants / Contractors.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.
Less experienced candidates will be considered for the Project Manager role.