Senior Production Line Lead
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Execute operational activities in compliance with cGMP, quality & safety requirements and achieve the operational objectives.
Assist Manufacturing Supervisor in the day-to-day management of the production line but does not carry employee discipline responsibilities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Complete required training (e.g. cGMP, safety and work instructions, etc.) within the stipulated time period.
- Execute tasks strictly following cGMP, Quality, Safety and Work instruction requirements.
- Ensure employees follow safety, quality requirement, and all applicable company policies at all times.
- Ensure proper housekeeping and maintain cleanliness (6S) of the production area.
- Timely report/ escalate any concerns (work-related or personal) to Superiors.
- Meet daily production schedule and performance expectation set up by Superiors.
- Able to take on additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Superiors.
- Competent on all processes of the area in charge.
- Able to guide team member to troubleshoot on complicated issues associated to product, process, quality & safety and provide disposition instructions as per WI.
- Able to lead projects for improvement works (6S practices, safety rules, work instruction revisions, etc.) and implement the action plan within the team.
- Able to lead an investigation team in the incident investigation (operational or safety related), and write a simple report.
- Support team Supervisor to meet production target and organization objectives.
- Conduct process training for new employees, and ensure their job performance meet the expectations.
- Ensure certification rate for the team in charge is consistently met the target range.
- Be a role model for SA1-5 and Tech.
- Provide guidance & coaching to Assemblers to improve their job performance, as well as to trainers for their training performance and new team leaders for their team performance.
- Plan the training activity and coordinate the training schedule.
- Demonstrate and promote a safe and injury free work culture and engage team members on HSE issues.
- Able to do manpower planning based on production needs, and vet through timesheets for attendance and overtime verifications.
- Lead and mentor a group of team members to meet production KPI & schedules, corporate goals & targets. And also involve in employee performance reviews.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Experience/ Qualifications Expectations:
- Possess at least Secondary School / ‘O’ Level / NTC / NiTEC/ Diploma Certificate preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in manufacturing/production environment or 2+ years with NTC or above.
- Experience in GMP controlled manufacturing/production environment preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience as a team / line leader preferred.
- 3+ years’ training experience at shop floor/ production line.
- TTT (train-the-trainer) certificate preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge on Computer Skills (e.g. Internet & Microsoft office, etc.) with Excel Advance, PowerPoint & Microsoft Word Intermediate.
- Intermediate Presentation skills.
- Intermediate Supervisory and team management skills (e.g. feedback, motivation, promote team spirit, solve conflicts among subordinates and performance management, etc.).
- Able to read and understand English documents (i.e. Work Instructions, Safety Rules, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, Quality, work safety instructions & practices at all times.
- Complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- High level of discipline and integrity.
- Willing to undertake multiple tasks.
- Willing to undergo job rotation/ cross training.
- Willing to work in noisy environment with protection provided (PPE).
- Willing to work in chemical environment with protection provided (PPE).
- Possess a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Meticulous, keen attention to details and organized.
- Candidate must be able to work 12 hours rotating shifts (4 monthly rotations from day to night and vice versa).
- Able to work standing for the most part of the shift (10 hours).
- Able to lift heavy weights safely (e.g. upto 15kg at Reagent Packaging area).
- Able to lead a production team (min 3-5 persons) to meet production KPI/schedules and priorities with minimal supervision of Supervisor.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven en