Senior Production Line Lead
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Execute operational activities in compliance with cGMP, quality & safety requirements and achieve the operational objectives.
Assist Manufacturing Supervisor in the day-to-day management of the production line but does not carry employee discipline responsibilities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Complete required training (e.g. cGMP, safety and work instructions, etc.) within the stipulated time period.
- Execute tasks strictly following cGMP, Quality, Safety and Work instruction requirements.
- Ensure employees follow safety, quality requirement, and all applicable company policies at all times.
- Ensure proper housekeeping and maintain cleanliness (6S) of the production area.
- Timely report/ escalate any concerns (work-related or personal) to Superiors.
- Meet daily production schedule and performance expectation set up by Superiors.
- Able to take on additional tasks or responsibilities as assigned by Superiors.
- Competent on all processes of the area in charge.
- Able to guide team member to troubleshoot on complicated issues associated to product, process, quality & safety and provide disposition instructions as per WI.
- Able to lead projects for improvement works (6S practices, safety rules, work instruction revisions, etc.) and implement the action plan within the team.
- Able to lead an investigation team in the incident investigation (operational or safety related), and write a simple report.
- Support team Supervisor to meet production target and organization objectives.
- Conduct process training for new employees, and ensure their job performance meet the expectations.
- Ensure certification rate for the team in charge is consistently met the target range.
- Be a role model for SA1-5 and Tech.
- Provide guidance & coaching to Assemblers to improve their job performance, as well as to trainers for their training performance and new team leaders for their team performance.
- Plan the training activity and coordinate the training schedule.
- Demonstrate and promote a safe and injury free work culture and engage team members on HSE issues.
- Able to do manpower planning based on production needs, and vet through timesheets for attendance and overtime verifications.
- Lead and mentor a group of team members to meet production KPI & schedules, corporate goals & targets. And also involve in employee performance reviews.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Experience/ Qualifications Expectations:
- Possess at least ‘O’ Level / NTC / Nitec / Diploma Certification.
- 6+ years of experience in manufacturing/production environment or 2+ years with NTC or above.
- Experience in GMP controlled manufacturing/production environment preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience as a team / line leader preferred.
- 3+ years’ training experience at shop floor/ production line.
- TTT (train-the-trainer) certificate preferred.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge on Computer Skills (e.g. Internet & Microsoft office, etc.) with Excel Advance, PowerPoint & Microsoft Word Intermediate.
- Intermediate Presentation skills.
- Intermediate Supervisory and team management skills (e.g. feedback, motivation, promote team spirit, solve conflicts among subordinates and performance management, etc.).
- Able to read and understand English documents (i.e. Work Instructions, Safety Rules, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, Quality, work safety instructions & practices at all times.
- Complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- High level of discipline and integrity.
- Willing to undertake multiple tasks.
- Willing to undergo job rotation/ cross training.
- Willing to work in noisy environment with protection provided (PPE).
- Willing to work in chemical environment with protection provided (PPE).
- Possess a positive attitude and sense of urgency.
- Meticulous, keen attention to details and organized.
- Candidate must be able to work 12 hours rotating shifts (4 monthly rotations from day to night and vice versa).
- Able to work standing for the most part of the shift (10 hours).
- Able to lift heavy weights safely (e.g. upto 15kg at Reagent Packaging area).
- Able to lead a production team (min 3-5 persons) to meet production KPI/schedules and priorities with minimal supervision of Supervisor.
Illumina Singapore Pte Ltd