Senior Procurement Engineer ($5.5K, Exp NPI, Mech, YISHUN)
Industry: German MNC in Contract Manufacturing
Good remuneration and benefits, salary up to $5.5k
Working Hour: 5 days work week
- Responsible for procurement from products’ design concept phase to pre-series production
- Through integration of market advancements into development processes, optimize the time to market and the supply/logistics chains via quality/cost/delivery of materials
- Influence the maintaining of high capacities, timely product deliveries and total cost of ownership, hence, contribute to operating profit and competitivity of the organization
- Lead Source Asia departments in new product introduction (NPI) projects on a global level
- Oversee implementation of long-term inter-department system and process enhancements
- Central person in procurement, cost optimization and cost reporting with series expectations. Represent in key NPI project meetings attended by PM, R&D, PE/AP, PP, CM/OP, SQ, Make.
- Monitor effecting of procurement processes as well as controlling of resources and activities in the support of quality, cost, and delivery requirements at NPI projects.
- Lead product cost optimization through the management of procurement in key areas such as strategies, supplier nominations/selections, inquiries, negotiations, and drift cost calculations. This will also include recommendations to R&D on potential new technologies for the purpose.
- Manage the procurement of materials for prototyping and pre-series. Hence, coordinating the related departments and facilitating selected suppliers with necessary information, drawings, data sheets, STEP files, etc to ensure the alignment in costing and delivered materials.
- Lead on Make/Buy decisions and multi-source procurement. This includes the coordinating of related departments and the risk minimization in supplier pre-selection through alignments at early project stages towards procurement via preferred series suppliers.
- Develop cross-functionally in contracts between product development and series productions through the coordination of commodity managers in preparations and negotiations.
- Monitor that procurement is compliant to pre-defined processes and required documentations, such as quality check related documents, are obtained and recorded.
- Recommend the promotion of material status from stages of manufacturing freeze until series. Hence, the close coordination of R&D, further internal departments, and external suppliers in ensuring the manufacturability of designed materials.
- Responsible in deliverables of purchases and the achievement of target costs at NPI projects.
- Driver in design to cost (DTC) or cost reduction processes via structural cost analyses, ensuring that target costs are feasible between suppliers and project adaptions.
- Organize internal/ external communications to align project developments and DTC measures.
- Support the Advanced Purchaser in event of escalations during material orders/deliveries and complex engineering changes. This will include direct supplier coordination/communications.
- Knowledge transfer to commodity managers of materials from products’ pre-series production. Additionally, support in the transition from pre-series production to series production.
- Support in management of product transfer in product sustaining phases.
- Support in management of product cost optimization in product sustaining phases.
- Support in management of commodity in product sustaining phases.
- Execute assignments from the manager.
- Diploma/ Degree in Mechanical/ Mechatronics Engineering or any equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 years of procurement and/or engineering related experience in manufacturing industry
- Professional experience in project management, BOM/ costing/ engineering analysis, & supply chain management
- Experience in Original Equipment Manufacturer or Contract Manufacturer is advantageous
- Possess strong presentation skills and able to lead cross functional/cultural projects and mentor procurement engineers
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and able to think out of the box
Job ID: 47V9V7
All Successful candidates can expect a very competitive remuneration package and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please email your resume in a detailed Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified
People Profilers Pte Ltd
11 Collyer Quay, The Arcade, #13-01 Singapore 049317
DID: 6950 9727
Eris Lim Jia Hui
License Number: 02C4944
Registration Number: R2197095
People Profilers Pte Ltd