Senior Officer, Retail Investment Operation Centre
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Verification Officer handling validation of customer instructions and pre-processing checks for products such as Time Deposits, Maxiyield, Structured Products, Remittances, Cashiers' Orders and Demand Drafts
- Checks and approves instructions in various bank systems
- Performs reconciliation and resolves descrepancies in GL/System reports
- Monitors and ensures SLAs are met and exception handling are closely monitored and followed up with adequate approvals according to Delegation of Authority.
- Adhere to SOPs and ensure compliant with applicable Regulations and Bank Policies. Be audit ready and achieve satisfactory rating for both internal and external audit reviews.
- Handle queries from Business Units within agreed time frames
- Carry out any adhoc assignments/ projects as given by Section Head and Department Manager.
- Identify process improvements and automation opportunities to improve productivity and mitigate risks.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and independent worker
- Possesses good PC skills
- Systematic and knowledge of Deposit and Structured Products
- Team player with initiatives
- Disciplined and able to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and be effective under pressure
Work Experience Desired
- More than 2 years Banking operations experience
- Candidates with experience in Deposits, Structured Products and Remittances preferred
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)