Senior Officer, Remittance (1 year contract)
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.Technology and Operations
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
You will be part of the Cash Management Operations Centre and will be responsible in day to day processing of remittances for Singapore/Hongkong.Job Responsibilities
Your key responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Pre-processing of remittance applications to ensure completeness prior to teamâ€™s processing
- Input/approve daily inward/outward remittances across more than 1 channel in Singapore/Hongkong
- Checking of support documents and ensuring complete documentation before approval
- Attend and provide technical advice/support to business units and customers
- Review and ensure operational problems, complaints and queries are resolved promptly
- Minimum Degree/Diploma in Bank and Finance or related fields. Â
- Relevant experience in remittance operations is preferred. However, no prior experience may be considered
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attitude and integrity
- Able to multi-task and work in a team as well as independently
- Able to work under pressure and take on different tasks
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)