Senior Officer, Procurement
Marina Bay Sands Pte Ltd| Date Posted: 12-Jun-2019
'N' Levels / 'O' Levels, ITE/ NITEC/ Higher NITEC, 'A' Levels, Diploma, Bachelor's / Honours, Masters / PhD
- Conduct procurement activities for gaming/surveillance & Audio-visual teams under the direction of the immediate team lead.
- Maintains companyâ€™s purchasing policy and ensuring that all such purchases meet all regulatory requirements at all times.
- Develop, review and/or proposed new/better and/or improved administrative process / procedures to drive constant improvements, finding a better way to do things on an on-going basis at all times.
- Develop comprehensive commodity/category strategies that document end to end sourcing approaches, solution development, supplier selection, cost performance/gaps, quality performance/gaps, logistics solutions with clear roadmaps/technical evaluation and knowhow.
- Excel in supplier negotiations using multiple approaches to get the best value/deal out of each and every deal via methods such as market tests, long term agreements, cost modeling etc...
- Perform comprehensive & in-depth evaluations to ensure best-in-class pricing are achieved with emphasis on total cost of ownership / returns on investments in every deal.
- Ability to summarize sourcing recommendation and ability to convince stakeholders/end users to the recommended sourcing decisions.
- Conduct business reviews with key suppliers and stakeholders on a regular basis with an on-going roadmap in the view of improving operations, cost efficiencies, meeting and/or exceeding all contractual set service levels/agreement.
- Issue purchase orders and follow up with suppliers on prompt shipments so that appropriate service levels are maintain at all times both internally and externally.
- Ability to interface independently with stakeholders/user departments and represent as the Procurement teamâ€™s specialist who will provide sound advice & recommendation to the department management in order for them to make the right decisions for their respective operations.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, integrity, respect, trust, commitment to innovation, constant changes, ambiguity and time management skills.
- Perform any other tasks, duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Minimum a Bachelorâ€™s degree in a related technical field or relevant experience / discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in the indirect procurement space and/or related areas.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to details, accuracy, and quality work, strategic minded good analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Resourceful, well organized, results / time orientated, good influencing and excellent prioritization skills.
- Excellent business acumen, with ability to build rapport/support at all levels both internally and externally.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively & clearly to manage key stakeholders / end users, resolve issues both internally & externally, provide sound & practical advice and seek practical solution in a positive / upbeat manner at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong focused on attention to end-user needs to deal effectively with all business users, requirements & needs.
- Maintains a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- Working knowledge of SAP Ariba will be a plus.
- Ability to manage/balance short term daily tactical roles versus long term strategic long term initiatives/plans.
- Ability to perform complex detailed analysis of assigned areas, develop long range category plans both at the local and global level, streamline & improve operational procedures / process, perform continuous improvement on an on-going basis and ability to present & update senior management.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management, cost management, PR/PO process, contract management and achieving set targets.
- Work in a fast-paced, often busy, at times within a stressful environment and tight timelines