Senior Officer, KYC Officer-AML Reviews (6 months contract), PFS Business Processes & Administration
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values â€” Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
You will be part of the PFS, Business Processes and Administration KYC AML/CFT team. Your primary responsibility will be handling AML reviews (name screening).
- matching and identifying of existing Bankâ€™s customer names against the watchlists:
- may require further investigative role like performing reviews on transaction accounts
- recommending appropriate course of action for cases (closure/ exclusion/ refer cases)
- Perform periodic and ad hoc AML reviews of customers and checks in compliance with MAS regulation guidelines and internal written SOPs.
- Follow up with frontliners/touchpoints on the updated of KYC info of customers for every AML reviews
- Reviewing a clientâ€™s account activity, statements, internet research, and client profile information, which may result in escalation of unusual activity to GC compliance and support units for exceptional handling
- Follow-up, review, analyse and perform case-level investigations of potential suspicious activity that is sent to the AML team
- Coordinates the collection and/or compilation of data, and prepare weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to Compliance and business management
- Assist with adhoc AML/KYC related issues and departmental projects
- Degree in any discipline
- Meticulous, analytical and commitment to meet timeline
- Prior working experience especially in AML related would be an added advantage
Be a part of UOB Family
Apply now and make a difference.
United Overseas Bank Ltd (UOB)